Author Topic: LSP Sequencing VS Running Show  (Read 1572 times)

Offline rklarman

LSP Sequencing VS Running Show
« on: January 27, 2012, »
I currently use a P4 2.8 with 1 GB of memory for my show computer - running Vixen 2.5 with 245 channels and it works flawlessly.  I am planning on adding around 1000 pixel nodes so I purchased LSP. 

I am just wondering if LSP is more CPU intensive when sequencing or actually running the show or both?  My laptop is a Core i7 with 8 GB of Ram and I usually sequence on here and then transfer the files over to the show computer.  Do I need to budget in a new PC for the show computer so that it will run more smoothly?  Do LSP sequences copy over to another computer without a problem generally?

Offline thestig

Re: LSP Sequencing VS Running Show
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, »
I am thinking your best bet is to run your show through xlights. I would wait on the new computer and see what is going to happen with the conductor and etherdongle. That sounds like the best bet for you. I don't run LSP personally so I cannot say if that computer will be able to run it, but from what I have been hearing LSP requires quite a bit of power to run the shows.

Grant

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, »
For 1000+ nodes I had to use a beefier computer. Before that (which added 3000+ channels) my older computers were fine running shows.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, »
Yea lsp requires at least 2 GB of ram to operate well.

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, »
I was using a beefy desktop to sequence this year for LSP 2.0 and I would actually like to upgrade it a bit, but for running the show, I used a atom 475 netbook with 1 Gig memory in it and did not have any issues.

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was using a beefy desktop to sequence this year for LSP 2.0 and I would actually like to upgrade it a bit, but for running the show, I used a atom 475 netbook with 1 Gig memory in it and did not have any issues.

Mike.
I was running video also with my display, and i had to down grade the video from 1080 x 720 for it to run right. It would mess up and the lights would be out of time. So i am thinking i need to update my ram this year to 4gb at least.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mike.
Throw a 1000 nodes into the mix with 3000 channels and you will see problems. I have 12g ram and the fastest I7 Alienware computer and LSP didn't use more than 2 gig of ram max. I hear the etherdongle will help a lot with that many channels.

Offline rklarman

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, »
Do you think a 2nd generation Core i3 with 4 gb of memory, integrated intel CPU graphics and an SSD will be sufficient?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, »
My older core 2 duo seemed to run my show during testing but the visualizer in the sequencer didn't run as well as on my I7. I played it safe and used my I7 to run my show. I am planning on building an etherdongle this year as I heard it ran much smoother than a usb dongle.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk