Author Topic: Help with E1.31 Setup  (Read 1814 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Help with E1.31 Setup
« on: January 27, 2012, »
I am trying to get my ED to run with LSP and having no luck.
I get the Green LED (on the PCB) to light upon powering the ED.  It has been flashed for DMX and I am trying to get blinky from an SSR controller set to channel 1. 
I think I have an output configuration issue as I get no amber light blinking on the dongle ethernet input when I send DMX. It will flash multiple times when I power it up and on a rare occasion when no DMX is being sent.

I have included my output configuration and the controller settings for review. 

Thanks, Eric

Offline rm357

Help with E1.31 Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, »
You may need to put an ip address on your computers Ethernet port.
If going direct from pc to EtD, you may need a crossover cable (newer pcs don't).
Do you have something else that can send DMX to make sure your ssr is good and configured properly?

I'm assuming you have a DMX ssr4- are the jumpers set to "C" and "terminate"

The LSP settings look correct.

Look at the surface mount chips for solder bridges. There is 1 trace at the bottom right of one of the chips that looks like a bridge, but there should not be any others.

Oh, make sure the output is tuned on - the little plug looking icon at the top left should be "lit". Do this first...

Good luck!!
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline zwiller

Re: Help with E1.31 Setup
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, »
Indiana,
Having a similar issue.  I think it is due to not having a lan choice in the dropdown. 

Anyway, I think the ACT box needs to be checked in LSP output config.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline animal

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, »
Try this,
I think zwiller is right. You need to check the box to activate.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

animal

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, »
I've tried setting that ACT box but it never stays checked.  When I come back to the ouput config dialog it isn't checked.  I was trying to follow that example in the link above as well.

Also, if I have to set an IP address for my card, what address do I set it to.  I've seen this mentioned in other posts but I haven't seen what people are setting the address to.  I have a Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI Gigabyte NIC in my PC; it is about 4 years old.  Will I need a cross over cable?  If so what is the wiring for a crossover?  I won't even pretend I know much about ethernet here!

Thanks,
Eric

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, »
I am still stuck, but I am make some progress...  Don't know what my issue is but I am not able to add more than 999 channels in out config.   

I am not a network pro nor do I play one on tv, but I do have some basics.  You just need to create a static ip.  I used 192.168.2.1 and a crossover for my 03 dell and vixen works perfectly.  Go to network places and find your lan.  Add the address to properties for tcp/ip.  Most importantly make sure the lan is enabled. 

Hope this helps some and some network gurus help.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rm357

Help with E1.31 Setup
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, »
The ip address you put in doesn't matter, but I would recommend something different from your home network to avoid confusing the operating system. Most home networks are 192.168.1.x. With x somewhere between 1 and 249.

Changing the third number to something else will provide that separation. Since I've seen 1, 2, and 100 in that third position, I'd probably go with 103... Ymmv

One of the things I found infuriating was that the error box pops up center screen. If you have not moved the e1.31 setup box before pressing ok, the error box will pop up behind the settings box and you cannot get to it to select cancel. Solution: be sure to move the e1.31 box away from center screen before pressing ok.

You need both to check the act box and select which interface to use.
The start channel is the LSP start channel. It's best if that is equal to: (the DMX universe # - 1) times 512 +1.
For example: uni 1 = 1, uni 2 = 513, uni 3 = 1025, etc.

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, »
Got it working!  Thanks guys.  Now I get to move on to Pixelnet.  I was taking it a step at a time trying to eliminate as many variables as possible.  I now know my Edongle works and can't be an issue when trying out the hub.

Eric