Author Topic: Setting up Etherdongle with LSP 2.0 and xLights Guide  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Attached is an updated PDF on setting up both LSP and xLights using the Etherdongle.  I fixed a few errors, expanded a few sections and added a few common issues to watch for.  I also added information on how to modify a LSP file to use within xLights.  The xLight sections is a draft and I will expand with more complete steps and screenshots. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Setting up Etherdongle with LSP 2.0 and xLights Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, »
Great Info! Thanks for posting Michael.  <res.

Offline peteandvanessa

In the example in the pdf, you state:

PixelNet and DMX ExampleAssume DMX jumper = 3 on Hub 2. Channel 5121 will control DMX channel 1 + any SmartString LED programmed with channel 1025 connected to hub 2.

Can you explain why a SmartString LED connected to hub 2 will be controlled by channel 1025?

The way I have it set up currently is:

Say I have a single 120 node Smart String LED, that gives me 120 x 3 = 360 Channels.

I'd assume that I'd have the Pixel Net jumpers on Hub 1 set to 1 and 1, so any SmartString LED plugged into Hub 1 have an address range any where from 1 to 4096.

So my SmartString LED (the 360 channel string) would respond to the channels from 1-360 and I don't need to set the DMX jumpers on Hub 1, since I don't have any DMX based controllers. Correct?

However, if I did have a mix of Smart String controllers and DMX, then I could leave the Pixel Net jumpers on Hub 1 set to 1 and 1, and also
set the DMX jumpers to say 2 on hub 1 and any DMX devices programmed on channels 513 - 1024 would respond.

Or am I missing something here?

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
The statement "Assume DMX jumper = 3 on Hub 2. Channel 5121 will control DMX channel 1 + any SmartString LED programmed with channel 1025 connected to hub 2." refers to the channel number the SSC is programmed to (not the channel number used to reference the string LSP.  In LSP, this channel number would be 5121.)

What you describe sounds correct.  Even if you are not using DMX, you can set the DMX jumper since setting the DMX jumper has no impact on PixelNet and only sets what channel mapping will be applied.

Offline peteandvanessa

Thanks for clarifying, I thought I would check it since I'm having some issues with addressing RGB nodes with XLights.

Offline rm357

Setting up Etherdongle with LSP 2.0 and xLights Guide
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, »
Hub #2 needs to have both pixelnet universe jumpers set to universe #2.

If those two jumpers are still set for pix uni 1, then DMX uni 3 channel 1 = 1025.

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline cavu2u

Thanks for this guide.

Once built, I had my E-dongle rockin' with LSP in no time.

John