Author Topic: Thoughts on buying from Ray  (Read 10173 times)

Offline rnult13

Re: Thoughts on buying from Ray
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, »
Does somebody have a link to the connectors you are talking about? Thanks

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, »
Just let him know how many pairs for quote.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, »
Beat me to it.  ;)  The link is in the wiki with the smart string stuff "accessories". 

Info on the site is confusing.  Actually states 100 pairs in the description but I don't think it's right...

I will let him know how many pairs.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tng5737

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, »
I just ordered 50 pairs from Ray.   I think that the 100 pairs quote is correct.   However, you should always ask ray for a quote since you can save on the shipping.   The site calculator doesn't seem to adjust for combined shipments.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, »
I bought the 10 pair with a qty 0f 2 (20 pairs total).  Order more than you need, they come in handy for testing.  I connected 3 of them to alligator clips or terminal strips so I could test my strings without having to solder everything together and that worked out great.  I still have those 3 test connection available and will use them again when I order more.  That does mean that I have the other halfs of those connectors laying around, but it is worth it to have the easy to use test connections.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, »
What is the normal time delay when ordering from Ray? I paid a week ago & still have not received a shipping notice.

Mike

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, »
It varies, but if you are concerned send him an email and ask for status of your order.  Once shipped they come surprisingly fast coming all the way from China.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, »
What is the normal time delay when ordering from Ray? I paid a week ago & still have not received a shipping notice.

Also, bear in mind that there was recently the Chinese new years, so they might be backed up on orders as well...

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, »
Finally placed my order yesterday and got an email from Ray that he was shipping today (his Wed?)  On my proforma invoice the expected delivery was 12 days. 

Also, on my deal we were communicating directly and not through Aliexpress.  So I ended up using paypal directly to him and not through ali.  Will report back with details.       

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, »
Also, on my deal we were communicating directly and not through Aliexpress.  So I ended up using paypal directly to him and not through ali.  Will report back with details.       

Ummmm... And if you don't get what you ordered or a lot of it is DOA. How will you have any leverage in negotiating a return/refund if you already paid it by paypal? There is no escrow system in place there, is it?
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, »
11 days ago (during new year celebrations) i also placed a big order with ray -- directly using paypal.  (I've done it before, and felt comfotable doing so again.)

He told me originally it would take about a week, so yesterday i asked for status.  He replied quickly that it would go out this week.

Last time i needed to give him a nudge too, but that was when he was rolling out the ip68 strings. Btw, i'm glad he waited to send me those and not the older ip67s.

So, send emails to bump your order if it seems delayed.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, »

Mike
I ordered some flex strips and connectors on January 31 and they arrived in Oregon on February 6. That's almost 1100 miles per day or 46 miles per hour.
I have always used paypal instead of a credit card. I have had 1 problem with some nodes and Ray fixed it without a question. He has been very responsive for me.

John

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, »
i always ask Ray if stuff is in stock now before i order anything. it saves him from having to do the time juggle, and it gives me a realistic timeframe for when i will get stuff...   i'll usually chat with him and ask if certain items are in stock. i had a post a couple weeks ago about the flex strips. he's really good at telling you how many he has in stock, and when more might come in.

also, for the connectors, he has 2,3,4, and 5 conductor connectors. i might get some other stuff for use with other items. (like using a 4 conductor connector for connecting rgb strings (without an IC) to the mr16.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, by chrisatpsu »
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, »
Glad to know I was not the only one using paypal directly to Ray...  Although I think everything will be fine, we could dispute payment through paypal if need be, right? 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, »
Got my tracking number this am both from Alice and Ray, it was not an automated DHL email.   >.d9