Author Topic: 2012 MR16 Coop  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Rogelio

2012 MR16 Coop
« on: January 30, 2012, »
Does anyone think there will be another MR16 coop later this year?  I know one is currently open, but I was planning to wait till after the Academy in June to decide which direction I will go with LED strings.  MR 16 for dumb strings or step up to Smart.
Thanks
Roy

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: 2012 MR16 Coop
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, »
It really depends on if there is enough demand for another coop

If there is not another coop you most likely will be able to order a pcb from the store after the coop closes and then just order your parts from mouser.com

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, »
or even watch the sale /trade area from time to time to see if someone doesnt need one anymore.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, »
Roy,

It's been a while. The benefit of the Coop would be better now than later.  If you can afford it, I would get in now. Just my own thoughts.

Leon
Leon

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, »
Does anyone think there will be another MR16 coop later this year?  I know one is currently open, but
...a bird in the hand.

based on the speed of the (2) LEs coops, and the Etherdongle coop, and the relative slowness of the MR16 I will suggest that another MR16 coop might be slower to come.

buying a PCB later is definitely an option, and buying an unused kit from someone else might be possible too.  but in my case I decided to get the kit now, and if I don't use it I can sell it to another member later.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, »
I'm with Steve on this one.  If you could can afford to do so go ahead and get in on the coop.  If you decide that it is not what you were looking for, then place it in the sale/trade section.  You will not have a problem selling it.  When Christmas time comes around people are always scrambling around looking for equipment, even new members just coming in. It's been this way every year so far.  Just take a look back in the Sale/Trade section.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, by Rod R »

Offline thestig

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, »
I am in the same boat, I'm not sure if i need it. However my better half is about to kill me already. She knows I plan to purchase a ton of aether II's, and full smart strings and controllers. I'm going RGB this year and I am not looking back... or at my bank account!

Grant

Offline Rogelio

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, »
Ok you guys talked me into a couple of them.

Roy
All I need is time and money!

Offline Mike44

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, »
...you most likely will be able to order a pcb from the store after the coop closes...

Hi Rick, quick question. I see on the main forum page there is a section called 'store' where all the co-op stuff is listed, but is there a separate area where we can just buy PCBs directly even when there is no co-op going on?  I'd be interested in getting a few various boards now....I did PM RJ inquiring about it, but as I know he's very busy and hasn't responded yet.

Mike

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, »
...you most likely will be able to order a pcb from the store after the coop closes...

Hi Rick, quick question. I see on the main forum page there is a section called 'store' where all the co-op stuff is listed, but is there a separate area where we can just buy PCBs directly even when there is no co-op going on?  I'd be interested in getting a few various boards now....I did PM RJ inquiring about it, but as I know he's very busy and hasn't responded yet.

Mike
i'm also interested in the answer.  there have been a number of completed coops so far this year, and I've not seen the store inventory change after the coops end for the EtD, LEs, etc.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, »
Currently the Etds won't be a pcb only option. The LEs would of been in the store but with the issues from the last coop they were held out to replace problem units. Also I don't thing there will be any updates to the store until after the Academy show in June.

Of course there could be errors above since I am not RJ  >:D

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Mike44

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, »
Great, okay thanks for the info.  I suppose I'm not in much of a rush, this will be more of a summer project for me so June looks perfect!

Mike