Author Topic: anomaly with Ethernet dongle and USB dongle on SS sign  (Read 6041 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: anomaly with Ethernet dongle and USB dongle on SS sign
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, »
we are currently using EtherDongle_Pixelnet.hex, EtherDongle_DMX, Lynx EtherDongle.dll files

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, »
Using a file compare utility there is definitely a difference between the .hex and .dll files from what RJ posted and what's in the Wiki.

Denny

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, »
 <pop..
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, »
RJ, and everyone helping with this issue.  I know the fix has already posted on the site, but it is truley the fix. RJ, you may verywell make Albert Einstein look like the kid sitting in the corner with a cone on his head. You and this site are truley brilliant.
Thank you everyone and I am sorry I could not test earlier. I had been working for 29 hours non-stop and did not want my human error to effect the outcome.

Kevin

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, »
 <fp.  I must of give rick the wrong file. When you guys started posting I and the beta guys were like... We seen that but we fixed it? 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, »
 <res.You are very humble. I am more than proud to help you with creating smiles on more people every year. I never new there could be that many smile in just one community.
Again,  <res. and thank you.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, »
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rm357

Finally got around to reprogramming my etherdongles and I don't think EtherDongle2.hex is the right firmware either.

This firmware solves the boundary pixel problems, but it does not output the pixelnet smothly. With the first first etherdongle firmware, the motion on my sign was fluid, but with etherdongle2.hex, the motion is mostly jerky with stretches of smoth motion mixed in. Only difference is the firmware.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline onesmoothhead

RM I am agreeing with you.  Can you post some video to Vimeo so we can see what it is your are talking about.  When I have an S scrolling it really looks like a fluttering snake. I am out on travel for a week and can not get any video. It could be the refresh rate, but I am not sure.Kevin