Author Topic: Behind...  (Read 1888 times)

Offline zwiller

Behind...
« on: February 01, 2012, »
Hit the 50's in Ohio and finally got the last few pieces of last years display down.   <fp.

Anyone still have some work to do?

Sarcasm and razzing encouraged!   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

Re: Behind...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, »
Put the last of my lights away today as well.  temp reached 72.  That's pretty good for NC on Feb 1st.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, »
Boy do I have work to do. Just finished taking the yard and house front down on Sunday. Still stacked (thrown) in garage! Have not even started on my roof yet.  <fp. I hope to get everything down this weekend, then I can start putting in storage which will take at least 2 more weekends.  :o

Offline rimist

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, »
Outside is done. Inside the tree is still up in all of its glory

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, »
I was done December 26th.

Of course we were out of town (vacation) so I took it all down before I left (not to rub it in).  To be fair, I live in a townhome, so my yard space is a postage stamp compared to y'alls! *smile*
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
Behind...
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, »
I had my stuff down Dec 22nd :(

Had a last minute unplanned move. The worst part was I surely was going to win the decoration contest and win 100 bucks. The judging was the evening of the 22nd and I had my final out at 4 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, »
I too thought we were shoe-ins for first place and 100 buck card at Home Depot.  But alas, we got second place for the 3rd year in a row.  I know there is no one else doing blinky in my neighborhood.  Oh well.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, »
Even with temps in the 50s and 60s my north-facing house still has a snow bank that has extension cords frozen under it.  So, I'm guessing I'll have to wait a little longer to get those out of my yard.  Other than that, my stuff is in storage - if you count storage bins on top of the dog kennels and a case of un-opened lights under the TV.

Now to build the stuff for next season...
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, »
I started taking stuff down on Jan 2. Finished taking everything down and almost everything up in the attic on Jan 8. Still doing LE and SS repair.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
Behind...
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I too thought we were shoe-ins for first place and 100 buck card at Home Depot.  But alas, we got second place for the 3rd year in a row.  I know there is no one else doing blinky in my neighborhood.  Oh well.

FAMILY!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bassmants

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, »
I was ultra motivated this year and had everything down by Jan 8th.  This is not the normal case, however.  Usually I have to get it all put away so I can mow the lawn for the first time in the spring.  <fp.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Behind...
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, »
Finally got my spiral tree down last Saturday.  It's in the garage now (where it will live) on its cart.   Everything else is done!!!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, »
Finally got my spiral tree down last Saturday.  It's in the garage now (where it will live) on its cart.   Everything else is done!!!

Do you leave it assembled and wheel it into place, or does it come apart?

Just curious as to the best way to build store something like that is going to be.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rimist

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, »
I was also the only person in my neighborhood to do blinkyflashy, and I had people that I don't typically agree with in our hoa meetings tell me I should win, but alas, I didn't even get a mention.

Probably has something to do with my daughter's play house that was decorated with lights. The hoa president is a nasty bi*** who creates rules that she doesn't have the right to make, and I stand up to her. I laughed when they said I would win.

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, »
I was also the only person in my neighborhood to do blinkyflashy, and I had people that I don't typically agree with in our hoa meetings tell me I should win, but alas, I didn't even get a mention.

Probably has something to do with my daughter's play house that was decorated with lights. The hoa president is a nasty bi*** who creates rules that she doesn't have the right to make, and I stand up to her. I laughed when they said I would win.

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
Ok, i'm sorry to say this but I'm glad to hear other people had the same experience.  My second year doing a display... the only animated display... first year of a contest... and I did not even place in the top 3.  There was nothing brighter in the subdivision.  Nothing musical.  No one else doing donations for a charity.  I was beaten by charlie brown blow-ups (1st place) and plywood cutouts (2nd place).

(misery loves company...)   
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro