Author Topic: Behind...  (Read 1887 times)

Offline rimist

Re: Behind...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, »
I had multiple air blown decorations as well. The two largest had their lights timed to the music. The only complaints I received were the music isn't loud enough (have to be in front of display to hear and I put it up too soon (approximately two weeks after Christmas)

I agree though, it is nice to know I'm not the only one. I did make a bet that the president would change the rules to disqualify animated displays :/

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, »
But seriously guys.....do we REALLY do this to win first place? 

Thought so.  We would do this even if they said we got LAST place for the worst lights in the neighborhood.

All I know is that I have met more neighbors and had more people come and tell me that our house is a major part of their Christmas and Halloween celebrations and they can't wait until next year's show!

Makes it all worth it.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rimist

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, »
Placing has nothing to do with it. I didn't even remember that they were holding a contest.

I do admit to getting a certain amount of satisfaction when the pres drives by slowly looking at the display then slams on her brakes when she sees the play house decked with lights. After a moment she took off much too quickly and left the street.

It was even more priceless when she was doing her annual "you've had your lights up too long" search (no, they can't make a rule about that either, but that doesn't stop her from mailing letters threatening to fine people) and realizes that I put up Valentine lights at the same time I took down the Christmas lights.

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Behind...
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, »
Yes, I leave it assembled and wheel into place.  It can come apart but would take 3-4 days to re-assemble each year (not worth it for me). 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, »
I took down my stuff by 1-10-2012. I put the window frames in my driveway behind the fence to take apart later. Last weekend I took them apart and fount the Frickrn squerals had chewed several white and green bulbs off the strings.  <md..
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login