Author Topic: Mouser BOM from wiki  (Read 2369 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Mouser BOM from wiki
« on: February 02, 2012, »
Mouser is no longer carring the 2 leds that are on the BOM link from the wiki, and are providing a similar product reference. Will the ones are are saying are similar work. If so can we get the "DMX Dongle" project at Mouser updated to include the new ones.

Thanks
Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Mouser BOM from wiki
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, »
You can build the dongle without the LEDs.  They are just indicators.  Many of us have spares that we can send you if you want to order everything else and get started, but someone will probably post and tell you if the substitute is correct.  If that part is not longer available at mouser, then there will be similar issues with LEs and other devices since I think most of them use the same LED part number.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, »
bump on this... I was also going to order parts for my dmx dongles and found out that the two leds are not carried anymore.

Instead of the WP7104GD they recommend the WP710A10GD, and instead of WP7104SRD/D they list WP710A10SRD/D

It seems to be more or less the same... I just would like to get som confirmation that it is in fact a dropin replacement part.

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, »
The replacement LEDs WILL work. I just completed a Dongle with them & had no problem. As a matter of fact if you put the replacement next to the original you can not tell the difference.

Mike

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, »
Thank you!

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline Beanbag109

• "If I bulid it, it will flash and blink"
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, »
I just ordered my Dongle parts from mouser, and the two LED are still out, but they give the replacements (with one also not available) but I had a 3mm green LED spare.

The part "DC/DC Converters & Regulators 1W 5Vin 5Vout 200mA 1kVDC Isolated SIP " is backordered, with about a 4 week delay. I tried to find another from other places, but nobody has one. Mouser will ship it when it gets in (4 weeks).

Does anybody have any ideas? Or should I just wait (and yes, I will pout)?

Mike

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Mouser BOM from wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, »
I just ordered my Dongle parts from mouser, and the two LED are still out, but they give the replacements (with one also not available) but I had a 3mm green LED spare.

The part "DC/DC Converters & Regulators 1W 5Vin 5Vout 200mA 1kVDC Isolated SIP " is backordered, with about a 4 week delay. I tried to find another from other places, but nobody has one. Mouser will ship it when it gets in (4 weeks).

Does anybody have any ideas? Or should I just wait (and yes, I will pout)?

Mike

Try Digikey. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login