Author Topic: spot light  (Read 5904 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: spot light
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i was looking more at this i posted the wrong web site
That is the same thing.

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, »
im looking to controle each light with the controler and just us the mr16 to control the power on off, im thinking this is going to work but got some things to play with. i post update of if it works or fails lol
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, »
Yea i do not know what to tell you on doing that;since i have never done it.
One of two things could happen.\
1. The power mosfet could quit from the controllers  in the mr16.
2. The controller in the mr16 bulb could fry from the dimming up and down.

Not trying to be negative here, just saying what i know about electronics lol.

Offline Heinekenator

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, »
If you are looking for spot/floods you can use 110v incandescent, LED, etc. with an LE (Lynx Express) controller.

If you are going with 12v MR16, you can create  floods out of 12v parts... there are products for sale, like rainbows.  In my case, I took a $5 home depot halogen work light, tossed asside it's guts, and replaced them with 10 5050 RGB nodes  (30 color changing LEDs altogether).  With this you can use a MR16 with 3 of its 16 channels to control this... but you can choose any color throughout your song.  Cost for the nodes... about $5 more. 

Hi Steve. Thats a great idea. Do you have any video showing the brightness of these? I have a relatively small area of white on the house that im looking to illuminate, and i think the aether might be overkill (not to mention over my budget).

Thanks.
-Greg

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, »
i appretiat the help and thank you for your advice, im think im just going to mess around and try to figure something out lol whats the werst that can happen  <md..
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, »
O the worst that could happen, is the thing blow up. I have had leds blow up before. early learning experience, do not put 12 volts to a led that is 3 volts, the top of the led hit the ceiling lol.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, »
O the worst that could happen, is the thing blow up. I have had leds blow up before. early learning experience, do not put 12 volts to a led that is 3 volts, the top of the led hit the ceiling lol.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, »
Here is a video of a led exploding.

Moral of the post is be very careful while experimenting, i know myself electronics can become really dangerouse if the components are not used right.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, »
In the description it mentions: