Author Topic: Error opening FTD2XX  (Read 2219 times)

Offline winwin

Error opening FTD2XX
« on: February 20, 2012, »
I created my first sequence and can visualize the preview with no problem.
I am not starting on my second sequence, importing the same profile used for the first sequence.

When I start to play the 2nd sequence, I get this error message: "Enttec Open DMX: (Router - startup) Error Opening FTD2XX device 0"
When I click "OK" the sequence then plays fine.
When I stop it, another error message appears:"(Router) An output plugin caused the following exception; Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Execution has stopped.

At this time, I have no hardware (dongle, controller) connected, just creating sequences on my computer. Any idea what the errors are and how to fix them? Thanks!
AL.

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Error opening FTD2XX
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, »

It sounds like you have the “Enttec Open DMX” selected in the attached plugins. If you do not currently have hardware connected, click on the attached plugins and remove everything but the adjustable preview one.

Hope that helps
Jeffry

Offline winwin

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, »
Is this what you are talking about?

Indeed there was a check mark next to DMX which I unchecked but same problem when starting to play the sequence. With my first sequence, the DMX (on the same screen) is selected and it plays fine.

Maybe I misunderstood your suggestion?

AL.

sjb

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, »
I believe if you go under Profiles/manage and then select the profile you created with your first sequence, when it opens click on plugins and uncheck the Enttec Open DMX while you are building and then when you are ready to do the show remember to check it back on for Vixen to output it to the dongle.

Steve

Offline winwin

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, »
Steve,

Thanks for the tip, your suggestion took care of the issue.

AL.

sjb

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, »
Your welcome. Glad to have helped as I have received a lot of help myself.