Author Topic: Coop for the academy  (Read 3004 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Coop for the academy
« on: February 21, 2012, »
I was asked to allow the LSH group to do an express coop just for people going to the academy. Those in it would not pay shipping and would pickup the kits at the show. After talk with the staff we all feel this was going to lead to unhappy people (what does not?) but we all agreed it was a good idea.

Because of this Dad and I talked and we planning to bring some kits to the Academy for those that want to build in the soldering lab. So we are ramping this up and creating a coop size quantity (100 - 200) so we can have coop kits at the show for people that want them. Then any that do not find new homes at the academy will come back home to be put into a coop on the forum.

We are also working on a few other surprises for the academy to make it the place to have been this year so stay tuned and if you haven't registered you need to get in there and get signed up.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: Coop for the academy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, »
RJ,

Just let us know how we can help!  Don't burden just yourself and JJ for this stuff.  Let us help you out where we can!

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, »
I agree, let us help.  I'm not local to Conroe but I'm still a few hours away.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Coop for the academy
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, »
How big of a suitcase will I need to bring with me for everything that might be for sale....haha?

---
I am here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, »
Sounds like a good compromise to me RJ.

Ron

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, »
Just thought of something if they do there coop using mouser and have it shipped to texas they will have to pay sales tax also.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline typoagain

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, »
How big of a suitcase will I need to bring with me for everything that might be for sale....haha?

Last year i rented an SUV to drive to the Academy. This year I am thinking maybe a trailer? LOL.

Actually, most of this years supplies is small stuff. But you will see some people loaded down pretty good.

I have already ordered several hundred dollars of material for the display that I will pick up at the Academy. Presale orders with no shipping cost. Later on you will start to see individuals selling and trading material. I managed to spend another $300 there-and I made out like a bandit!

I bought a couple of thousand white mini lights for my son's wedding, used them once and then sold them on Craig's List. I make enough money that I met the buyer at a deli and used the profit (about $10) to buy lunch.

I spent about $400 dollars on gas, meals, hotel, etc. for the Academy. I saved enough money on supplies to nearly cover that cost. AND I GOT TO MEET RJ!   <res.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, »

Last year i rented an SUV to drive to the Academy. This year I am thinking maybe a trailer? LOL.

Actually, most of this years supplies is small stuff. But you will see some people loaded down pretty good.
I'm trying to imagine the swap area this year.  ;D 

Just think of all of the extra kits that will be brought for selling and trading -- just to avoid the shipping costs. >.d9
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Ryan Johnson

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, »
Sorry everyone, no swap meet area this year. :(

JUST KIDDING!

We had a Swap Meet area for years and it never got much use.  But after last year's booming success with it we're definately having some space again this year!

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, »
RJ  -  I would be more than willing to stop by at Mouser for you on my way down to the Academy.  I own a truck and will probably be towing a trailer if the PA system I have is needed.  Mouser is on the way for me since I live in Ft Worth.  It would save any shipping charges you might have. 

Bill A.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, »
Nice idea RJ this will give everyone an idea just how easy the Lynx equipment is to assemble.  Wish I was able to attend the Academy, shaping up to be a good time.

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, »
I agree that it is a great idea.  I won't be able to make it there but for those that can this is a great opportunity to snag some goods!

Offline TheBanker

Coop for the academy
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, »
I wish we could get mouser to be a vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, »
TheBanker,

That would be incredible.  Especially if they brought a tub of the straight through small green and red LED lights from Kingsbright! *hehe*.  I have a feeling they would have a hard time keeping up with our parts demand.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, »
The problem is that we already buy from them so they have no reason to put themselves out.  If you want a parts vendor you need to find one that could gain business from showing up at the show.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving