Author Topic: Coop for the academy  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Coop for the academy
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The problem is that we already buy from them so they have no reason to put themselves out.  If you want a parts vendor you need to find one that could gain business from showing up at the show.
Not sure that I agree with them... its called the 'upsell'.  :)

"When you buy your pieces and parts from us, did you know that you can also get your X, your Y and your Z from us too?  You might now have known, but we ALSO carry these fine products that are useful to a DIY enthusiast."

What is missing from an online store is the browsing experience.  If they brought "samples" of their various tools, solder stations, ardrino (sp?) and gizmos... they'd get a big boost in their sales -- at least I suspect this.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

Re: Coop for the academy
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, »
The thing is that it's all relative.  If they could possibly make a significant increase in sales then it might be worth it for them but that's not going to happen and they know it.  This group alone already spends 10's of thousands of dollars with them per year in the coops so how much more do you really think that will increase? 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline TheBanker

Coop for the academy
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, »
Vendors do not attend shows like this to make sales.  They attend to show appreciation for the business that they do receive.  Mouser does not need any business from a show like this.  In fact they would not even sell there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will