Author Topic: sigh...  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: sigh...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, »
I dislike hanging lights from the house, and also from the trees...  But I do want to include them in the overall plans -- so bright floods applied to the trees and the house allow me to increase the size of the canvas without a lot of work -- or damage.

I've got a big mega tree, and a bunch of mini trees and 20ft arches.  Adding the floods and over-the-drive arches will "complete me". :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm also chomping at the bits to get ahold of a few Aether II's (probably about 4).  :)

I live in Ft. Worth and have made several "road" trips to the Mouser facility in Mansfield (about 28 miles from my house).  Maybe a "pre-purchase list" is not such a bad idea.  You would be able to judge how much interest the members are in getting one - Just my 2.5 cents worth.

Bill A.

It really isn't probably a bad idea since the the whole concern with the aether is about having the heat sinks made.  IIRC the shop that made em had some minimums that RJ was concerned with.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, »
I agree Steve ... this year I used up light floods on my real trees and it looked really cool.  Way easier than trying to wrap a few branches with mini lights ... and the effect is cool and simple.  I just used regular flood lights, because right now the Aether costs are still kind whats stopping me ... cause I use a lot of floods and can't see spending 1000+ when I'm getting by with clearance flood holders and $5 bulbs in three colors.  THe real benefit to me would be regaining all those AC channels I'm wasting on floods currently.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, »
I am waiting for the next Grinch COOP.  Why haven't we had one of those in a while ?!?!?!?

I think I will order about 135 of them.

(tongue effectively in cheek) *smile*

If any of you guys want a challenge, I have two very broken Aether IIs and not the patience to figure out what I did to screw them up! LOL

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, »
I agree Steve ... this year I used up light floods on my real trees and it looked really cool.  Way easier than trying to wrap a few branches with mini lights ... and the effect is cool and simple.  I just used regular flood lights, because right now the Aether costs are still kind whats stopping me ... cause I use a lot of floods and can't see spending 1000+ when I'm getting by with clearance flood holders and $5 bulbs in three colors.  THe real benefit to me would be regaining all those AC channels I'm wasting on floods currently.

The biggest gain for me was the lower power requirements...

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, »
Ozmin, I hear right, does mouser allow local pickup?
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, »
Ozmin, I hear right, does mouser allow local pickup?

Yes - The have a "will call" area.  You can call in an order and in about 2 hours it's ready for pickup.

Bill A.

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, »
I am waiting for the next Grinch COOP.  Why haven't we had one of those in a while ?!?!?!?

If any of you guys want a challenge, I have two very broken Aether IIs and not the patience to figure out what I did to screw them up! LOL

Kurt
i've got a broken one too.  (and one perfect unit that I pin all of my hopes on... :)  )
after i build another bunch, I'll go back to the broken unit.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rimist

Re: Re: sigh...
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, »

Kurt
pm sent

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, »
Aethers have been spoken for and a brave soul has stepped up to attempt to fix what I broke! LOL.

I appreciate all the requests.  Just shows how much this group thrives on challenges.  I would not give these away if I had more time to spend on them, but alas, I do not.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline thestig

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, »
looks like the 40 watt RGBW LED's in the Mouser BOM are out of stock and a new LED to replace it is 7 weeks out. That makes me sad :(

Offline zwiller

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, »
There was concern over the led last year and RJ as usual had it taken care of already!  Not sure, but I thought RJ did not get the leds from Mouser, but directly from Ledengin?   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, »
*** THIS COOP IS CLOSED FOR NEW ORDERS ***

LOL
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, »
*** THIS COOP IS CLOSED FOR NEW ORDERS ***

LOL
sigh...^2

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, »
For those of your interested in the Aether 2 coop...it opened and closed yesterday.

JUST KIDDING  >:D

Actually, the coop should be starting soon.  There has not been a shortage of items for members to spend their money on so I have not been pushing it.  I'm starting to gear up for it.  The LED's are probably going to drive it since they are OOS, but are scheduled to be in soon.  I'm also hoping that these will be a little cheaper and maybe have more available...none of which is for sure.

Just wanted to give an update as to the status.  I know it is tough to wait, but it is coming.  Sorry I missed the original post.  I don't hang out in/on the porch much. 

Thanks,
-Keith