Author Topic: Rapid Red LED flashing  (Read 1707 times)

Offline alwomack

• Al Womack
Rapid Red LED flashing
« on: February 25, 2012, »
So I was using VSA to get a quck sequence using the Bobcat. Just doing some sweeping moves on chan. 1. The red LED on the board started to rapidly flash. Any ideas?
....in a world of Pure imagination.

Offline dlhoppe

Re: Rapid Red LED flashing
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I was using VSA to get a quck sequence using the Bobcat. Just doing some sweeping moves on chan. 1. The red LED on the board started to rapidly flash. Any ideas?

Yes, when the logic power bus drops below 3.15v, the controller goes into shutdown mode. The flashing red light is telling you that you don't have an adequate power supply. Without this feature the PIC would end up going into a "reboot loop" which might be a little harder to troubleshoot. So the flashing red light gives you the exact reason for the problem.

Are you using a common power supply for both logic and servos?  Or duel supplies?

In the manual for common power supplies, I recommended at least a 6VDC, 2A power supply. Higher current if using more powerful servos or just more of them. If you don't have an adequate power supply, then find another 6VDC power supply and drive the logic bus separately. Remove the "single supply" jumper and you should be good to go. You'll still want to take a look at you servo power supply. If you can brown out the controller by just sweeping servos with no load, you're not getting enough current from your servo power supply.

Dave

Offline alwomack

• Al Womack
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, »
So I guess I should of RFM. I was using a single .5A power source. I will try the correct setup and see what happens.
....in a world of Pure imagination.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, »
Yep,

You have just graduated to technical level 1.

When all else fails.  >:D