Author Topic: 2012 holday season shows...  (Read 3342 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
2012 holday season shows...
« on: February 26, 2012, »
Just a reminder, you should be about 10-20% done with your show sequencing or preperation.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rfallatt

Re: 2012 holday season shows...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, »
Are you trying to create panic and havoc in the virtual streets of  DLA? Turn the mild manner board members into hair pulling hysterical nut cases? Being new to this... In addition to being obsessed with planning and implementation. This makes me want to take time away from building and sequencing to make a time line and see where I am... Thanks a lot! LOL ;D

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, »
Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Do not feed the trolls" and "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see Wikipedia:Deny recognition.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, by meman »

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
2012 holday season shows...
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, »
Really? I never even start until September or October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, »
meman, are you calling me a troll?

look at all the posts of us just before christmas last year who were NOT ready...  I'm just reminding them that hey, we're gonna be on time this year!

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

look at all the posts of us just before christmas last year who were NOT ready...  I'm just reminding them that hey, we're gonna be on time this year!

hehe.

I didn't even get one song sequenced last year, though I do blame work for me being gone for 6 months.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, »
I don't think anyone is ever really "ready"....we just finally run out of time and say, okay...this will "have to do" for this year.  I know that I could always use more time for sequencing, building, etc, but it never seems to present itself.  Thanks for the reminder though, that the clock is already ticking and Christmas is right around the corner

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, »
2 months have passed since Christmas turns into yikes!!!  i need to get started, or i need to really keep at this...

for the new guys, remember, most guys are setting up a few months early, and even doing halloween shows..  equals extra work!

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, »
Wow time flys and im already so far behind, only half song down, started only half my halloween props and nothing for christmass.  <fp. Oh now im starting to pankic, thaks for starting this topic <md..
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, »

LOL, well.... that new avitar of yours looks almost like a troll.  I guess that this post is bumping up your thread start count now.   >:D
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline meman

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, »

Well, in this case the shoe may fit ;D
If you were sharing your own personal goals this topic may have gone unnoticed as just more of the usual drivel. But whether intentional or not, you basically threw down an edict to the entire membership about where their progress should be from YOUR point of view....and thats likely to elicit some emotional response. Hence my little troll jab  >:D ...all in good fun!

As counterpoint for the newbies; I will never be done, so the only sane goal for me is to try and have fun with it. I'll continue to work on hardware throughout the year and procrastinate until the last minute on my sequencing. For two years now, my sequences have changed every week the lights were on...I'm always thinking of something better or just different to try anyway. I even added more lights AFTER Christmas that I picked up on the closeout sales. And I don't see how it will be any different in years to come. So relax, get in on the coops you can, build some stuff and be happy. Theres no "worst in show" or dunce caps given out in this event.

Mike E. 

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, »
trolling or not, I'm merely stating the obvious.

how many didn't have shows, or hardly have shows last year?

sjb

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, »
With reading this I now begin to sweat THANKS. LOL

Steve

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, »
Starting to think this topic is going in the wrong direction.

No more trolling debate. I think Chris started off by informing folks that people should be looking at getting their shows layout and start sequence if possible.

So lets leave it at that.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, »
I am currently at 8.5%
 I need to build 12 LE's, 2 MR16's, 1 E680, 1 Etherdongle, 1 clock to keep an eye on the time left until Christmas, I need to build 8 rgb strip frames for windows, 4 rgb strips for house, convert roof line to GE CE's, 14 coro "merry christmas" rgb letters for big sign, I need to convert 300 led strings to full wave, 8 incan deer to led's, 1 new 25 ft. mega tree, 1 new 10 ft spiral tree, 6 5ft. 4 color mid trees, 4 20 ft. arches, redo 20 sequences to new layout, and test everything as I get it all done.
piece of cake....