Author Topic: Nutcracker Effects Builder released  (Read 8879 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Nutcracker Effects Builder released
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
FYI

• I've tried the new release with 3 different browsers on 2 different computers
  • IE and Chrome work OK
  • Firefox (V10 & V11) doesn't display the animated GIF and the "click on" Hyperlinks in the effects generator.  Everything is displayed as straight text.  Prior to the new release the animated GIF did appear OK in the effects generator.
  • The animated GIF is being generated because it shows up in the gallery of others users if you check it after submitting the form.  So there is a work around but it's a pain to switch back and forth.
Since this is an alpha release should we be using the same browser that you area using to test with?  That would reduce some of the anomalies you'd have to deal with for now.

Thanks Sean for all the time you're devoting to this project.

Denny
I run almost exclusively Chrome. I have not gone and done browser tests across opera, firefox, ie or safari.

I do know , that i have some html syntax erros. I periodically run an html validator. I will want it to work in firefox, i just need to get the time to try so many things . My goal is still to have Stable, released code by June.

thanks for your patience.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ptone

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, »
Nutcracker is looking solid.

After having seen projects like Prancer and Olive Studio and the Xlights sequencer project come and go - is there any chance you would make this open source?

The idea of generating effects is certainly the way to go, I started something like this myself, and may pick it up again sometime.  It actually did the generation out to DMX in realtime based on models and generators.

Are you doing the generation in PHP, or just using PHP for the front-end and calling into something else?

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline smeighan

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, »

I am going to get this into sourceforge, and yes it will be free and opensource.

Everything is in PHP. I use gnuplot (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) to create the animated gif's.

I have it now working on my Windows 7 and Windows XP boxes.

You need to download the
WAMP server
gnuplot
one script from my website called install.php

install.php will create databases, tables, users into your local mySql. It will then download all of my php files to your htdocs directory.

You finally can launch nutcracker by using "localhost/nutcracker" in a browser window.

Eveything works exactly the same.

Not everyone will need to run a mysql/apache environment in windows. most can just use meighan.net/nutcracker.

One advantage of having it locally is there are no more resource limits  (like the 30 second execution limit on my shared server).

PM me if you want details of how to install it on your local machine.

thanks
sean

Nutcracker is looking solid.

After having seen projects like Prancer and Olive Studio and the Xlights sequencer project come and go - is there any chance you would make this open source?

The idea of generating effects is certainly the way to go, I started something like this myself, and may pick it up again sometime.  It actually did the generation out to DMX in realtime based on models and generators.

Are you doing the generation in PHP, or just using PHP for the front-end and calling into something else?

-P
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ptone

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, »
Sean, thanks for much for making this an open project.

I think you need to change your apache config and special-case install.php, or change the ext (maybe make it install.php.txt) since even right clicking it, Apache will run it through PHP and I only get the "ERROR! You cannot run this script on any place except for your local computer" as an HTML file when I right-click, save-as...

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, »
Just tried it...   same result as Ptone.     It appears that the "Save target as" should work,,  but it only saves the "error" statement as a .htm.    attempting to force it to any other form does not change the end result.   

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline smeighan

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, »
Just tried it...   same result as Ptone.     It appears that the "Save target as" should work,,  but it only saves the "error" statement as a .htm.    attempting to force it to any other form does not change the end result.   

Larry

Have you already installed wamp onto your PC? install.php is just for getting nutcracker to work in a wamp environment.

After you can see the wamp page come up "You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login" on your brower, you are ready to get install.php to run. You are NOT to ever run install.php on meighan.net/

I will change the process of how to request install.php, i will make it so it automatically downloads to your local drive when u click it.

I am really not opening up nutcracker for installation on everyone's pc yet. i have a small set of beta testers.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, »
Wamp was installed on my home puter.   I was seeing if there was a different result here at work (i.e. being able to save the target file)  (WAMP not installed here)  but no change ...   was hoping to be able to experifment with the features (at home)   without having to be online  but I can be patient ...   

and yes,   I am very impressed with the progress you have been making. 

Larry
Going live in 2012

Offline smeighan

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, »
Wamp was installed on my home puter.   I was seeing if there was a different result here at work (i.e. being able to save the target file)  (WAMP not installed here)  but no change ...   was hoping to be able to experifment with the features (at home)   without having to be online  but I can be patient ...   

and yes,   I am very impressed with the progress you have been making. 

Larry

I found the issue with making the lms file. I was adding layers into Nutcracker (Yet another parallel project).

I didnt finish the code for that and it got into the production release. I am backing that partial code out, the lor process should then work.

give me until end of today to get it fixed.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, »
is install.php blocked from downloading (when doing right click)?   

Larry
Going live in 2012

Offline smeighan

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, »
no, just right click , save as
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, »
sean,
I'm also have the same problem.
I believe that your environment is executing the install.php file and we get the downloaded error page and varaibles.

We do not get the actual script. 

Can you provide another download source that does not run through your php-enabled server?  or... how about renaming the file to have a different extension that does not execute in the server -- but something that we can rename locally after the download?

thanks!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline smeighan

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, »
sean,
I'm also have the same problem.
I believe that your environment is executing the install.php file and we get the downloaded error page and varaibles.

We do not get the actual script. 

Can you provide another download source that does not run through your php-enabled server?  or... how about renaming the file to have a different extension that does not execute in the server -- but something that we can rename locally after the download?

thanks!

OK, i have renamed install.php as install.txt. Reload the home page and follow the directions and let me know.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, »
whoo-hoo!!   lots of warnings during the install, but it did install, and complete.

i have the lots of warnings...  i'm attaching the output file for your examination -- was it all expected?

I do have problems logging in... so I may need to read more to get past the next hurdle.

I load the home page... select "Your Projects  nutcracker_sean"

and it takes me to:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I select "Click here to login" and it gives me a 404 error on the resulting page:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

...getting close!  :)

btw: i verified that C:\wamp\www\nutcracker_sean\login is emtpy.  no login-form.php file in there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, by Steve Gase »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, »
found a lot of files didn't transfer the first time, so I downloaded again the install.txt (install.php) file and ran it over again.  its running a lot longer so far.  it also appears to be doing incremental downloads -- adding quite a few more files, and retaining those that already existed.

still not error free... each time I run this I pick up more files missing from prior attempts.

finally, after a dozen attempts I have a successful install.php, and all files look to be downloaded.

i can then get the login page, but my existing account(s) do not work, but I can create a new account. 

entering the target creation I get new messages about index errors in the form.  also I find html markup inside the text edit fields.  I overwrite those values to create a new target, but then I get new errors -- dozens of this variety:

Notice: Undefined variable: OBJECT_NAME in C:\wamp\www\nutcracker_sean\login\process.php on line 80

I think a clean install would make sense at this point.  Without wiping all of the wamp stuff, can you provide instructions on clearing out the nutcracker files and database?

thanks!

Offline smeighan

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, »
found a lot of files didn't transfer the first time, so I downloaded again the install.txt (install.php) file and ran it over again.  its running a lot longer so far.  it also appears to be doing incremental downloads -- adding quite a few more files, and retaining those that already existed.

still not error free... each time I run this I pick up more files missing from prior attempts.

finally, after a dozen attempts I have a successful install.php, and all files look to be downloaded.

i can then get the login page, but my existing account(s) do not work, but I can create a new account. 

entering the target creation I get new messages about index errors in the form.  also I find html markup inside the text edit fields.  I overwrite those values to create a new target, but then I get new errors -- dozens of this variety:

Notice: Undefined variable: OBJECT_NAME in C:\wamp\www\nutcracker_sean\login\process.php on line 80

I think a clean install would make sense at this point.  Without wiping all of the wamp stuff, can you provide instructions on clearing out the nutcracker files and database?

thanks!

After the first time of running localhost/install.php in the future you should just need to run localhost/update.php

go to localhost and run phpmyadmin
click on nutcracker database

you should then see 8 tables
look in the rows column. audit log should be empty , the next 6 should have rows.

I export the database from meighan.net into two sql scripts. Look at your
c:\wamp\www\nutcracker_sean directory.

sqbuilder1.sql has all the ddl to create the tables
seqbuilder2.sql has the actual data.
seqbuilder2.sql is failing to load all data because some people have created descriptions with embedded semicolons in them.
you can see that this will screw up the inserts.

Here is an example. This is a huge table. One row wrong, whole table wont insert.

INSERT INTO `effects_user_dtl` (`login`, `effect_name`, `param_name`, `param_value`, `created`, `last_upd`) VALUES
('f', 'SEAN2', 'effect_name', 'SEAN2', NULL, '2012-03-20 22:06:24'),
('f', 'SEAN2', 'number_spirals', '4', NULL, '2012-03-20 22:06:24'),
('f', 'SEAN2', 'number_rotations', '2', NULL, '2012-03-20 22:06:24'),
('jaywalk101', '0319', 'sparkles', '', NULL, '2012-05-02 09:51:24'),
('jaywalk101', '0319', 'use_background', 'n', NULL, '2012-05-02 09:51:24'),
('jaywalk101', '0319', 'background_color', '#FFFFFF', NULL, '2012-05-02 09:51:24'),
('jaywalk101', '0319', 'seq_duration', '5', NULL, '2012-05-02 09:51:24'),
('jaywalk101', '0319', 'show_frame', 'y', NULL, '2012-05-02 09:51:24'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'effect_name', 'First Text', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'text1', 'Works pretty well!', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'text2', 'sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ ʎɹɹǝɯ', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'window_degrees', '179', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'text1_color', '#FF7424', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'text2_color', '#FF70FF', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'frame_delay', '50', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'seq_duration', '8', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),
('Lefserev', 'FIRST_TEXT', 'show_frame', 'n', NULL, '2012-03-19 17:25:01'),

Now what you can do is find your effects, example "Steve Gase". Copy the INSERT command and change last character to semicolon.

INSERT INTO `effects_user_dtl` (`login`, `effect_name`, `param_name`, `param_value`, `created`, `last_upd`) VALUES
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'effect_name', 'sean test', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'number_spirals', '2', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'number_rotations', '2', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'spiral_thickness', '2', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'start_color', '#29FF30', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'end_color', '#5EF4FF', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'frame_delay', '22', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'direction', 'cw', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14');

Now execute this in the SQL window and you will have loaded your data.

Repeat for the other tables
INSERT INTO `effects_user_hdr` (`effect_class`, `username`, `effect_name`, `effect_desc`, `created`, `last_upd`) VALUES
('spirals', 'Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST', 'desc', NULL, '2012-03-06 11:06:14'),
('spirals', 'Steve Gase', 'BARBER', 'desc', NULL, '2012-04-27 20:42:32'),
('spirals', 'Steve Gase', 'BARBER2', 'desc', NULL, '2012-04-23 16:56:13'),
('spirals', 'Steve Gase', 'SEAN_TEST2', 'desc', NULL, '2012-03-12 23:58:47');

INSERT INTO `members` (`member_id`, `firstname`, `lastname`, `login`, `passwd`, `LSP1_8`, `LSP2_0`, `LSP3_0`, `LOR_S2`, `LOR_S3`, `VIXEN211`, `VIXEN25`, `VIXEN3`, `OTHER`) VALUES
(28, 'Steve', 'Gase', 'Steve Gase', '9c156ee357af96ec1179b04c9d7fd229', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N', 'N');

i will look into exporting the data has xml to handle these embedded semicolons
Sean
Littleton, CO