Hardware > Bobcat DMX Servo Controller

Bobcat 6V power supply

(1/6) > >>

CW:
I am looking for a 6VCD power supply in the 2 amp range and they seam to be limited availability. I have found 12 VDC x 2 amp output 6 VDC x 4 amp output switcher type. From what I read about these, they automatically switch voltage, is that OK for the bobcat logic side?

How about a 5 VCD power supply, they seam to be everyware and would match up with 5 V LED's.

Night Owl:
It automatically switches between 12VDC and 6VDC output?  How does it know what voltage you want?

I dug through my parts bin and found a 6V 2.1 amp power supply.  But I also built one out of a computer power supply and a LM350 adjustable voltage regulator.  Been meaning to build it for a while, but this finally got me off my butt and put it together.  I haven't hooked it up to the servo controller, but I can adjust it to 6V and the regulator is rated up to 3A. 

rm357:
I haven't tried it, by my plan is to use 5v.

I have plenty of that available from the pc supplies I'm using for my smartstrings.

RM

CW:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIt automatically switches between 12VDC and 6VDC output?  How does it know what voltage you want?

I am not sure, I have read wikipedia about these few times and still do not understand.

If a 5 volt will work, I will get one. I wish I understood electronics more.
--- End quote ---

rm357:
Can you send a link or model number for the power supply you are talking about...

I'm thinking that what you are looking at is actually a 12vdc to 6vdc converter. You provide it with 12v at 2 amps and it outputs 6v at 4 amps...

When I look at the servos at servocity.com, most of the seem to be rated for anything from 4.8 to 6 vdc. A few can use 7.4 vdc... At 4.8v, they are a little slower and have less power than at 6v, so part of the equation is how much power and speed do you need...

RM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version