Software > Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

Nutcracker: Policy on sharing effect models

(1/3) > >>

smeighan:
Hello everybody;

If you use the Nutcracker to create effect animations, your animation will become part of the public gallery. One of the goals i have is for sharing what we each develop. I will eventually create the ability for you to flag one of your animations as being private, that capability doesn't exist yet.

There will be two exceptions for this automatic sharing of effects into the public gallery. I will NOT put any text animation or picture animation into the public gallery. This is in effect now.

These two types of effects can have a personal nature (I can imagine some pictures you would like to project, or text you would write :) )

When i give the ability to flag an animation as private, i will also give the ability to flag text or pictures as public. Maybe you found a great Christmas picture that others would want.

In Summary

Spirals, meteors, vertical bands, horizontal bands, snowflakes, garlands and all other, non personal effects will automatically go into the common gallery. The common gallery does not show the persons name who created them, only the effect name.

Text and Pictures will NOT go into the gallery, they will only be visible by the owner.

In a month or two , you will be able to flag any animation as private and not share your masterpiece.

thanks

vairmoose:
Sean,  your effects modules are really great..   

One thing that would be extremely useful in the gallery would be able to see the parameters that are used in the effects generator module  to create that specific display effect.  This would allow me to either duplicate  (or stay away from)   combinations to get an effect that I'm attempting to create.   

A simple pop-up when either clicking on or holding the mouse over a particular gallery gif would be great. 

Larry

smeighan:
H Larry;

i hope to have the click on image and have that effect copied into your library. Then you can further refine it, edit it and make it your own.
Within the next week, it will be done.

ric7zz:
How soon will the ability to click on an image in the public library and have that effect copied into our library be available?  That would be so cool.  Thank you for all that you have done with sharing this program.  This has been great.  I'm not trying to be pushy, please do not take it that way, I'm just excited with the beautiful gifs that are created.  I would like to see it done on my CCR's.  Also could you do just one ray with a few strings (8 or 10)?  Thank you again and again. 

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHow soon will the ability to click on an image in the public library and have that effect copied into our library be available?  That would be so cool.  Thank you for all that you have done with sharing this program.  This has been great.  I'm not trying to be pushy, please do not take it that way, I'm just excited with the beautiful gifs that are created.  I would like to see it done on my CCR's.  Also could you do just one ray with a few strings (8 or 10)?  Thank you again and again.

--- End quote ---

I hope to get the copy and past from the gallery done in the next week. First i am redesigning the target model generator.

It is going down from 12 prompts to 5. It will also now support matrix and ray typologies besides mega-trees.

Here is what i worked on last week

1) Sticky fields should now work (things like sparkles that wouldnt remember value).
2) Fixed lms file
3) Re-wrote some major chunks of Nutcracker so it will work in both Windows and Linux.
4) Created code to install the Nutcracker onto Windows 7 and Windows XP
5) Create an update script that will use a manifest of all files, check the checksums and only download changes files to your windows box
6) released user_defined effect. I wrote this about a week ago, it needed some clean up. now done
7) Corrected a bug in the text effect. It now works on both windows and linux
8) removed any reference to imagick. Now gnuplot is solely being used to create animated gif's
9) The entire install of nutcracker database, users, database tables and all code takes about 45 seconds. Updates after that are < 5 seconds.
10) did some research on where i will put nutcracker as an open source project.
11) Created new option in the input form to allow a textarea box so people can paste program code there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version