Author Topic: Nutcracker: Policy on sharing effect models  (Read 8070 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Hello everybody;

If you use the Nutcracker to create effect animations, your animation will become part of the public gallery. One of the goals i have is for sharing what we each develop. I will eventually create the ability for you to flag one of your animations as being private, that capability doesn't exist yet.

There will be two exceptions for this automatic sharing of effects into the public gallery. I will NOT put any text animation or picture animation into the public gallery. This is in effect now.

These two types of effects can have a personal nature (I can imagine some pictures you would like to project, or text you would write :) )

When i give the ability to flag an animation as private, i will also give the ability to flag text or pictures as public. Maybe you found a great Christmas picture that others would want.

In Summary

Spirals, meteors, vertical bands, horizontal bands, snowflakes, garlands and all other, non personal effects will automatically go into the common gallery. The common gallery does not show the persons name who created them, only the effect name.

Text and Pictures will NOT go into the gallery, they will only be visible by the owner.

In a month or two , you will be able to flag any animation as private and not share your masterpiece.

thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Re: Nutcracker: Policy on sharing effect models
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, »
Sean,  your effects modules are really great..   

One thing that would be extremely useful in the gallery would be able to see the parameters that are used in the effects generator module  to create that specific display effect.  This would allow me to either duplicate  (or stay away from)   combinations to get an effect that I'm attempting to create.   

A simple pop-up when either clicking on or holding the mouse over a particular gallery gif would be great. 

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline smeighan

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, »
H Larry;

i hope to have the click on image and have that effect copied into your library. Then you can further refine it, edit it and make it your own.
Within the next week, it will be done.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, »
How soon will the ability to click on an image in the public library and have that effect copied into our library be available?  That would be so cool.  Thank you for all that you have done with sharing this program.  This has been great.  I'm not trying to be pushy, please do not take it that way, I'm just excited with the beautiful gifs that are created.  I would like to see it done on my CCR's.  Also could you do just one ray with a few strings (8 or 10)?  Thank you again and again. 

Offline smeighan

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How soon will the ability to click on an image in the public library and have that effect copied into our library be available?  That would be so cool.  Thank you for all that you have done with sharing this program.  This has been great.  I'm not trying to be pushy, please do not take it that way, I'm just excited with the beautiful gifs that are created.  I would like to see it done on my CCR's.  Also could you do just one ray with a few strings (8 or 10)?  Thank you again and again.

I hope to get the copy and past from the gallery done in the next week. First i am redesigning the target model generator.

It is going down from 12 prompts to 5. It will also now support matrix and ray typologies besides mega-trees.

Here is what i worked on last week

1) Sticky fields should now work (things like sparkles that wouldnt remember value).
2) Fixed lms file
3) Re-wrote some major chunks of Nutcracker so it will work in both Windows and Linux.
4) Created code to install the Nutcracker onto Windows 7 and Windows XP
5) Create an update script that will use a manifest of all files, check the checksums and only download changes files to your windows box
6) released user_defined effect. I wrote this about a week ago, it needed some clean up. now done
7) Corrected a bug in the text effect. It now works on both windows and linux
8) removed any reference to imagick. Now gnuplot is solely being used to create animated gif's
9) The entire install of nutcracker database, users, database tables and all code takes about 45 seconds. Updates after that are < 5 seconds.
10) did some research on where i will put nutcracker as an open source project.
11) Created new option in the input form to allow a textarea box so people can paste program code there.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, »

How far away is the ability to copy an effect into our library?  Maybe if we could just see the specs on the effect in the public library of others that would help.  Things like color code, spacing, sparkles, etc.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, »

How far away is the ability to copy an effect into our library?  Maybe if we could just see the specs on the effect in the public library of others that would help.  Things like color code, spacing, sparkles, etc.
A mouse-over on each graphic would be good, but a click on the gallery picture that brings up a child window with the details would be so cool. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline smeighan

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, »

A mouse-over on each graphic would be good, but a click on the gallery picture that brings up a child window with the details would be so cool. :)

its on my to-do list, which is getting pretty long

:)
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, »
How do we copy an effect?  Where does it go when we hit copy on the website, as I don't seem to find evidence of a download in my browser.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, »
Now shared library in this edition YET.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, »
How do we copy an effect?  Where does it go when we hit copy on the website, as I don't seem to find evidence of a download in my browser.

you can copy a single effect, double click a call, ctl-c, double click destination cell , ctl-v

you can not copy a column
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline arw01

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, »
Sorry, i was taking about the Gallery function you mentioned where we go log in and can see lots of effects created by others, how do we copy those into OUR nutcracker?

Or did they hit the clipboard and I never noticed?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, »
Those effects are from the original version of nutcracker and they are not compatible with the current version.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, »
Sorry, i was taking about the Gallery function you mentioned where we go log in and can see lots of effects created by others, how do we copy those into OUR nutcracker?

Or did they hit the clipboard and I never noticed?

we dont have a gallery in nutcracker 3 only nutcracker 2. nutcracker 3 is better in one respect in that you can exchange your entire sequence with all models with anyone and it will work. that was not true with nutcracker 2. it is true you could look and decide you like a particular meteor or spiral and copy that. i never got around to making it so nutcracker 3 will upload your effects to nutcracker123.com. i am not sure everyone would want my code to be connecting and uploading to a central computer, some people are paranoid of that kind of behavior.

currently there is NO connection from your machine to anywhere.
Sean
Littleton, CO