Author Topic: 2012 Aether 2 coop update  (Read 9226 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
2012 Aether 2 coop update
« on: March 22, 2012, »
Just a quick update for those that are waiting oh so patiently for the next Aether 2 coop...it will still be a little ways away.  The problem is that RJ is out of pigtails.  The smart string controller and Aether use the same pig tails so once the smart string coop get set, there will be pigtails available for the Aethers and I can run the Aether coop.  Until the smart string controller coop runs, there will not be enough quantity for good pricing.

So hang in there, it's a comin'. 

-Keith

Offline Halstaff

Re: 2012 Aether 2 coop update
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, »
Thanks for the update.  It will just allow me to save a little more and maybe buy another one.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just a quick update for those that are waiting oh so patiently for the next Aether 2 coop...it will still be a little ways away.  The problem is that RJ is out of pigtails.  The smart string controller and Aether use the same pig tails so once the smart string coop get set, there will be pigtails available for the Aethers and I can run the Aether coop.  Until the smart string controller coop runs, there will not be enough quantity for good pricing.

So hang in there, it's a comin'. 

-Keith
:-\ <fp.

I already have pigtails from unassembled SSCs -- the Aethers are more important to me. :(

Also, I can get cross-over pigtails from Mouser -- they just need different wire-colors to be used, but if you follow a different chart they are just as effective. 

I'd be more than happy to just go with PCBs (now) and forgo the coop.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, »
You need heatsink as well.  To my surprise, the LED is back in stock Mouser.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline cavu2u

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, »
Looking forward to it ...

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, »
Its not that we can not get good prices. There is a minimum since I get them made for us.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, »
Its not that we can not get good prices. There is a minimum since I get them made for us.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ

RJ,

Are you worried about meeting the minimum amount?  With the amount of attention that this site has, I would BET that any amount min would be sold in about 90-120 minutes of a coop opening up.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, »
can someone mention what they paid for an aether II last year?  i'm looking to see how many i can afford to budget.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, »
$82.90 with no lenses, plus shipping.  Still getting 15???   (I am not worthy emoticon)

Thought I read somewhere that the price would be lower this year from reduced cost of LED?  Maybe someone else will comment on that.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, »
i can only get one at a time...

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, »
i can only get one at a time...

I pulled this off the last coop.  These are ball park figures:

Kit 1 - Lynx Aether II  kit – PCB with parts (limit of 100 kits)
Qty 50 - $86.24

Kit 2 - SP model lens - Spot which is 15 deg (currently 75 in stock)
Qty 10 - $5.28

Kit 3 - NF model lens - Narrow Flood which is 24 deg (currently 200 in stock)
Qty 10 - $5.28

Kit 4 - FL model lens - Flood light which is 35 deg (currently 95 in stock)
Qty 10 - $5.28

Hope this helps.....
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline thestig

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, »
is there an eta on the SSC coop? Are we talking months from now? If so I need to figure out an alternative to the aethers.

thanks,

Grant

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, »
Are you worried about meeting the minimum amount?  With the amount of attention that this site has, I would BET that any amount min would be sold in about 90-120 minutes of a coop opening up.

It's 5000 and it took six months to sell them last time with a 3700 unit ssc coop taking the first 3700 right away in one order.
Once I know how many for the SS coop I need I will work to get them down on the minimum if possible or see what I have to do. If I moved for the aether coop and underesitmated I would be in  serious mess as I would only need a small amount then and could not order that few. 

Thought I read somewhere that the price would be lower this year from reduced cost of LED?  Maybe someone else will comment on that.

I think the coop manager has some nice surprises for you.

is there an eta on the SSC coop? Are we talking months from now? If so I need to figure out an alternative to the aethers.
No likely week(s)

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, »
not to change this into a ssc thread, but i believe with new people added, and the people that have been on in awhilerealizing what all we can do. I think the demand would be high again this year. Just from my own expierence, i ordered 2 hubs and  6 ssc's in the coop, then ended up getting 20 more pcbs. and 2 more hubs.  i think i'm going to double what i have, especially with the idea of a dumb string controller somewhere on the horizon.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, »
As usual RJ is light years ahead of us...    >.d9