Author Topic: Using LOR software with LE controllers  (Read 7700 times)

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: Using LOR software with LE controllers
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Let me just say that I appreciate all the help so far BUT,

I opened the control panel and then open my sequence and tried it, nothing.

I have no idea if the dongle drivers are installed on my computer. I followed the above link and it redirected me to FTDI Chip. At that point I have no idea what drivers to install.

Did you check that the USB com port speed is 115K?
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, »
Download these drivers from here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  The before installing read the install guide fro your operating system: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Run the file you downloaded THEN plug in your LYNX dongle. When your plug in your dongle your your computer should say "Found New Hardware and Installing drivers".  When it has finished your will need to go to the Control Panel ---> Device Manager ---> Click the little plus sign (or triangle) by "Ports COMM & LPT" and you should see "USB Serial Port COM X" (X will be a number, right click on this and select properties ---> port settings. Under "Bits Per Second" select "115200" the rest should be "8", none, "1", none. Hit OK.
Now start LOR S3 control panel (you should see a Red (or blue) Light bulb in your system tray. Right click on it and select Sequence Editor.  If you have already created a sequence load it now otherwise select EDIT ---> Preferences ---> Network Preferences and a pop up box should open where it says Regular Network select NONE then go down to the DMX Universes and under number one click the arrow beside "Adapter" and your should see None with a number letter combo below like "DPE00RNB" Select that then using the arrow by Protocol select Lynx.   Hit OK and the right click on the first channel of your sequence and select "Change Channel Settings". Under controller type you should have "DMX Universe" Selected, Under Universe it should show "1", under address it should show "1".  Now do the same for the rest of your channels. After that you should have blinky. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, by caretaker »
Jeff Squires

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, »
Let me ask the stupid question: How are you connected to the DMX universe?  Are you using LOR's DMX connector? (I assume yes).  If you are not, don't forget you have to cross-over the signal from LOR's proprietary DMX signal to a standard ENTEC DMX signal (simple cross-over cable will do the trick.) But I am guessing that you are using the iDMX from LOR.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, »
Let me ask the stupid question: How are you connected to the DMX universe?  Are you using LOR's DMX connector? (I assume yes).  If you are not, don't forget you have to cross-over the signal from LOR's proprietary DMX signal to a standard ENTEC DMX signal (simple cross-over cable will do the trick.) But I am guessing that you are using the iDMX from LOR.

Kurt
He has a Lynx dongle. No cross over cable is needed. LOR S3 works with Lynx now.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, »

Kurt
He has a Lynx dongle. No cross over cable is needed. LOR S3 works with Lynx now.

Thanks, didn't realize this.  I am old school LOR user (S2) but have since converted to Lynx completely.  Sounds like LOR is making improvements in the completely correct direction and going to the open standards.  Nice.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, »
Thanks for all the suggestions but still nothing. Two of the three boards that I built from the first coop need to have the pic reprogrammed so I'm taking them to the Zman this afternoon. He also uses LOR and I'm sure will be able to answer some questions.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, »
Thanks for all the suggestions but still nothing. Two of the three boards that I built from the first coop need to have the pic reprogrammed so I'm taking them to the Zman this afternoon. He also uses LOR and I'm sure will be able to answer some questions.
Zman, will get you on the right path for sure. Good to hear.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Using LOR software with LE controllers
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, »
You must get the lynx working first.

You can always try xlights .... It's easier than using LOR, IMHO   

You sequence in LOR just like you own a LOR controllers .... But they can in reality be anything that xlights supports .... Much more flexible.

Sequence in LOR, use xlights to play things.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, »
You can always try xlights .... It's easier than using LOR, IMHO   

I'll second that. 

I'm a large LOR user but I like xLights to test my LE's first.  The LOR/LE setup works well, but it's complex to get setup the first time.  I wish LOR would get the hint and make a good how to video on getting DMX setup for first timers.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, »
I went up to Zman today and everything up there (As in connecting the dongle to the LE and playing a show) worked perfectly! But now I am trying it on my computer and it is not working. It is all the same except for one thing. In the LOR Sequence editor program, I go into Edit, then preferences, then network prefrences. On Zman's computer, he set (under network, regular) to none, which I can do fine. But I think the problem is that under Universe, Adapter 1 (see picture) he set it to some number. After he did that, it all worked fine. But mine only displays None! And now it's not working. How do I get anything other than none in that dropbox? Suggestions??

P.S. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled drivers (to the best of my abilities) and read the user manual and everything seems to be in order with the drivers.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, »
Set Network Regular Port to none.  After this the you may have to save and exit, restart the sequence editor and go back in.  Then try to set the DMX port to the ID that shows up as you Lynx Dongle.  I remember that window acting goofy.  Seams like after each change I had to save and restart the sequence editor. Once change at a time. The other thing that works if you have a USB485 adapter plug that in as well as your Lynx dongle and get it setup in the hardware utility first.  Then go in and setup the Lynx adapter.

Its finicky to get setup the first time.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, »
Ok, I got the numbers to come up in the Adapter. I closed it and opened a sequence and the led's started to blink. I was so excited until a screen popped up show errors!!!(see pic) It continued to freakout and I was unable to make it go away until I rebooted the computer. Now everytime I open LOR the window pops up and I can't close it without rebooting the computer.  <md..

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, »
First thing you want to do is only set 1 of those protocols to Lynx, the way you have it set, it's probably trying to open your Lynx dongle multiple times. When I got my dongle working I only used 1 and it worked fine.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Using LOR software with LE controllers
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, »
Yes, use only one ... And make sure your LOR control panel is set up to run on reboot (it's a setting) .... LOR relies on the control panel as a listener process (?) for using DMX ... Not obvious.  But it won't work without it and you'll get those errors your seeing.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, »
Wow! and people say out stuff is complicated.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying