Author Topic: DMX sync issue?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline rm357

DMX sync issue?
« on: March 22, 2012, »
I was playing with the tester connected to the servo controller with a couple of LEDs connected. I noticed that periodically, the channel one below the active channel would blink...

I haven't tried it with any of the pc software yet...

I'm waiting for some servos (in the mail as I type) to play with.
Thanks for a cool product.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline dlhoppe

Re: DMX sync issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, »
RM,

I'm unable to recreate this symptom.

Can you describe in more detail what you're doing? Are you using a multi-color "common anode" LED? Single LEDs? Are you connecting the anode side of the led to the "positive" connection on the controller (see "LEDs +" on the edge of the PCB where LEDs are plugged in)?  Channel Numbers used on servo controller, channel selection on tester, dimmer value on tester?

Dave

Offline lightsup

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, »
I have a similar issued, when I had an RGB LED connected it would flicker very faintly almost to the same pulse as the green dmx light on the board on the off sequence with vixen running. nothing serious great board just love it Dave.
Alain.
Just do it.

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, »
I can get a little bit of flicker when I dial the DMX value down below 5 or so. But it's pretty dim at that point. However, the flicker is in no way synchronized with the green data reception led. I've tried both wired and wireless.

I still can't get the "channel below" the selected one to blink as RM mentioned.

Maybe Mike can chime in and take a look.

Dave

Offline lightsup

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, »
here a video of the flickering notice the led on left channel 2 and 1 on the bread board but not number 3  on the right.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just do it.