Author Topic: Ledtriks Size  (Read 21095 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Ledtriks Size
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, »
the holes are already made, i'm using black modular plastic pegboard
i'm waiting on the leds to come in, and was seeing if there might be a better route.
so i wanted to see what others have used.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rm357

Ledtriks Size
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, »
You can do 5x5 characters, but 5x7 looks better and 5x9 if you want lower case. (WxH)

You need at least 5 characters wide to be useable...

If you want better than dot matrix fonts, you are going to need more vertical and horizontal pixels.

Mine was 8x30 and I never touched the bottom row... It was also a lot more work than I expected.

If you want to map video to it, you need to plan 4x3 increments or the video will be stretched to fit...

In LSP, you can drop a video effect on a layer. You just define the layer to include the matrix and then make your video. I forget the parameters that I used last year for the video, but I'm hoping a new version of LSP will be more forgiving this year... I could only drop about 30 seconds at a time and topped out at about 7 videos...

RM

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline t0cableguy

Re: Ledtriks Size
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, »
Thats pretty cool rm357
I have been wondering the benefits to lsp and it sure makes things like that seem easier. What program did you make the videos for your tree with?

Offline rm357

Ledtriks Size
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, »
I do video for my church and as a hobby, so I have access to the full version of adobe premiere. You should be able to accomplish the same thing with any video program that allows creation of moving titles. I just made 4 bars of each color. One horizontal, one vertical, one 45 degrees to the right and one 45 degrees to the left. Loaded them into a title and moved it from left to right or right to left except for the horizontal, which I moved up and down.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline FireMedic4Christ

Ledtriks Size
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
. . . In LSP, you can drop a video effect on a layer. You just define the layer to include the matrix and then make your video. I forget the parameters that I used last year for the video, but I'm hoping a new version of LSP will be more forgiving this year... I could only drop about 30 seconds at a time and topped out at about 7 videos...

RM . . . .

Does nutcracker have the ability to program this any easier?

Since I am asking, another thread in the LEDTriks forum shows one made of 8 flexible strips cut in half for a 16 node x 60 node matrix. Given the option, would you use more  rows knowing that the strips are only 30 nodes wide?

Brian