Author Topic: Got EtherDongle?  (Read 9547 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Got EtherDongle?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, »
While I have not used it in a show, I think it is ready to go.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, »
Would the coop include the combiner/splitter to be able to use it for dmx or would that have to be separate?

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, »
Don't see why not mine is working GREAT
Jeff

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, »
Mine worked fine on my show.  I see no reason not to coop it at this time.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, »
I am having a low or no connectivity issue with my ED.  I would think it is good for a coop. I will just need to learn why I am getting the error.  Kevin

Offline odlids

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, »
After 3 weeks of health issues (just gotta love doctors, ultrasounds, X-rays, CT Scans, hospitals, surgery etc etc) I finally felt well enough to assemble my ED. All went together OK, programmed OK, Green Light OK, intially no connectivity...... :'(

Had a good look at the SMD chips, removed a couple of solder bridges on the smaller chip, still no connectivity, retouched all the pins on the smaller chip with my smallest soldering iron tip and Thunderbirds are go!!!!! Fired up LSP and it appears to work fine. ;D

Sure a few problems, but nothing that would be a show stopper.

The only other issue is that the included wallwart is a 110VAC unit , not much use to us in sunny Australia where the line voltage is 230/240VAC. Just part of the joys of living in the antipodes...........

Cheers
Odlid Dave

To err is human but why oh why must I be so human?

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, »
Ordered 1, recv'd 1.  Recv'd the resistors and it was working perfectly during the later part of the show in December.
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, »
Hopefully I am not jinxing it but I successfully assembled my eD last night in about an hour and I was not rushing.  Even took the time to test all components on a meter.  LED and magjak lit up on first try!  Getting it to work with my old Dell laptop was another matter.  After a bit of perusing, I made a crossover cable, setup a static IP and was 98% done.  Then I had a Vixen plugin error.  Final 2% was running the updates for vixen 2.1 and making sure profile info was accurate, since I normally run 2.5.08.  Although I am moving to LSP, I think some guys would really like a dll for vixen 2.5.

Didn't expect it but my ss fade more smoothly than the usb dongle. 

Thank you RJ for another great tool (toy)  ;D

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, »
I built my e dongle and fired it up yesterday. The light lit. I flashed it with DMX and got the done message. I plugged in the eather net cable in my router and my internet stopped working :-[. But the lights lit on the cable jack. I will try with the light show laptop tonight....2B continued.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pHoZfoRus

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, »
Just finished building number 1 (of 2).  No problems with the build on the hardware side of it.

I had some software problems getting it to work in Vixen.  Firstly I used the firmware and Vixen plugin from the Wiki for PixelNet - no output but magjack flashing away (file names were EtherDongle2.hex  & Lynx+EtherDongle.dll).  Used the files from this post - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - (EtherDongle_PixelNet.hex & Lynx EtherDongle.dll) and everything worked as it should.  I don't know which one fixed the issue.

I know there were posts about where the current versions were but in my excitement to get it working, that's what I ended up doing.    :-[<fp.

In all, an enjoyable build.  Thanks.  Russell

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, »
Built it, plugged it into my router and tested it using Vixen 2.1.  No problems with a set of 100 pixel nodes and 120 node flex strip. Thanks for another great interface.  Looking forward to getting in the DMX Servo Controller and DMX Tester to try out the DMX side of things.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, »
Just assembled the one I got in the 2012 coop.  Programmed the PIC with Pixelnet firmware. and it works fine in the brief test I did.  Connected to a SS Active Hub and it the attached smart string responded correctly.  No problems.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2012, »
I got mine up and running yesterday.  Flashed it with the pixelnect firmware and was able to get the DMX working (thanks MICPAT for the instructions).  Should have some nodes in the next couple of weeks to try out.  Really looking forward to the conductor, I found an enclosure that everything will fit in so I can move all of my gear out near the show. >.d9