Author Topic: Etherdongle working but no light output in LSP ****Solved****  (Read 4254 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Re: Etherdongle working but no light output in LSP
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
which hex file did you use to flash the eD with?

PixelNet Firmware 2

Located Here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline peteandvanessa

So I did some testing tonight to see why I wasn't getting any output to the lights.

I checked the following

1.Check Multicasting on my Wireless Access Point
This didn't make any difference whether this was selected in the security menus of my Wireless Access Point
but I turned Multicasting ON just in case (it's off by default), still no light output

2. Checked my Panda virus software
Here I exited the S/W, made no difference, still no light output

3. Checked Malwarebytes Anti malware
Now this program also has an option for active monitoring of you PC when you are on line (it's called Enable Protection Module)
Turned that off, and Bingo, the lights started to dance.

In addition, if you are in LSP and changing the output settings, changing protocols, LSP is pretty sensitive to changes
while the program is running. So it's better to make your changes, save them, and then close LSP, and then restart LSP to make sure the settings have taken place.

So Bingo, all is working now, LSP connected to the Wireless Access Point "Wirelessly", which then connects to the Etherdongle and then to my two active hubs and finally to the Smart String Controllers and my LED Flex Strips.

Yipee!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, by peteandvanessa »

Offline urthegman

Great to hear and I'm sure a huge relief!!!