Author Topic: LOR S3 DMX translations to xlights  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Timon

LOR S3 DMX translations to xlights
« on: March 30, 2012, »
Pardon me :-[ if I just missed this but I don't have xlights loaded right now to check and I have a question about DMX translation.

If you sequence everything in LOR S3 using the DMX universes does that translate straight across when imported to xlights?

Thanks

John

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: LOR S3 DMX translations to xlights
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, »
Can you post an LOR file? I can take a look and see if I can help.  I believe the challenge is that the network field needs to map into one of your configured xLights networks.  I am not sure which network LOR uses for the DMX configuration.

Frank

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, »
I believe you have set set them up as regular 16ch controllers in lor to use correctly in xlights using existing code. It would be a lot easier if you could set up dmx in lor first. 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, »
For that reason, I don't set up as dmx at all on the lor side.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, »
set up as regular LOR 16ch, I tried DMX but would not run with xlights.

Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, »
xlights uses a formula to calculate large channel counts in a LOR sequence.

You have to put all your controllers in LOR unit order, which includes some HEX unit numbers ... and you cannot skip any unit numbers.

So it starts as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9, ... then goes to 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, .... then goes to 10,11,12, ... etc ... up to 256 units in a universe ... so 256 LOR PC16 controllers to make a single pixelnet universe.

You can assign different LOR universes and then repeat the unit #'s again ... start back at 1,2,3 for the next universe, etc.

The confusing thing is people often incorrectly set it up as DMX or CCR on the LOR side ... when in fact its just set up as a bunch of LOR PC16 controllers.

The other problem people run into is skipping unit #'s or not starting with unit #1, or not using the hex unit #'s that LOR considers as part of the 256 valid unit #'s in LOR universe.  A common mistakes is going from unit #9 to unit #10 ... instead of from #9 to #0A ...

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, »
I was hoping there was an easier way. I wanted to run my setup using either LOR S3 or xLights this year both using DMX without a huge hassle either way.

Offline comporder1

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, »
Direct DMX universe translation is suppose to be in the next version.

Sent with Tapatalk/iPhone. Xcuse the spelzing!