Author Topic: 2012...  (Read 3714 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: 2012...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, »
well honestly, you CAN use these transmitters to broadcast music in your house...   if your neighbors pick it up and dont mind, it's not a big deal. for example, i broadcast music with my transmitter, but in the off season, i just use the rubber ducky antenna that came with it.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rimist

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, »
I'll have to try it in the house. Outside, the interference is so bad I can't even listen in my own yard

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
well honestly, you CAN use these transmitters to broadcast music in your house...   if your neighbors pick it up and dont mind, it's not a big deal. for example, i broadcast music with my transmitter, but in the off season, i just use the rubber ducky antenna that came with it.

The poblem is that if your neighbors can pick it up it is a problem from a legal standpoint and then there is the issue of intent.  If you have a light show syncronized to music and a transmitter transmitting that music then the intent is that the transmitter is being used to broadcast to others.  This is not an issue during the show because it can be considered personal use for the display but if he continues to broadcast the music aftr the show is over, then he becomes an unlicensed radio station.  For the most part that may also not be much of an issue but if he is broadcasting a good distance (as some here do) and one jerk picks it up and decides to complain .....
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline charles59

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, »
For the most part that may also not be much of an issue but if he is broadcasting a good distance (as some here do) and one jerk picks it up and decides to complain .....

Just had to mention, not everyone who complains is a jerk.  The rules for interference are there for a reason, so everyone can not step on each other over a limited resource (frequency allocation).  No question some who complain are jerks, but some are not.  I think the default should be that the fact one complains, doesn't by itself make them a jerk!

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, »
Doesn't matter after dec 21 2012 anyway!   <md..

RJ

lol I don't think anyone picked up on this one RJ.  I was waiting for someone to say it though.. :)
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, »
Saw it, recognized it, :), and decided not to comment (at that time).     

Doesn't matter after dec 21 2012 anyway!   <md..

RJ

lol I don't think anyone picked up on this one RJ.  I was waiting for someone to say it though.. :)
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, »
this past year, and even currently. i play music using my computer that broadcasts through the transmitter that i can pickup on a radio in the kitchen, or bedrooms via a radio. this would actually be safer since i'm using the transmitter for it's intended purpose. to broadcast locally to avoid running wires.

Now, for a side note, i do have a ground plane antenna that i use with the transmitter for shows, but I try to contain it's broadcast abilities so i don't become a radio station for the whole city.

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, »

+1

\dmc

Offline caretaker

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, »
So you can still run your show.... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
Jeff Squires

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, »
So you can still run your show.... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

if they had more of those, that would solve the housing market with affordable homes...

where's rick with his puns?    ;D

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, »
For sequencing, when setting up for halloween last year I had NO halloween songs sequenced 2 weeks before the 31st....

I bought songs from the net sequenced for LOR and imported them into LSP. It didn't matter that I had those exact channels and equipment or not. I used their channel cues to point to where I needed to make changes to my light setup. All-in-all it worked pretty well. I got 10 songs done in the time it would usually take to do 3-5.

I wish I had your radio setup, though. I should have put more cash into the transmitter than I did.

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, »

+1

\dmc

+2

R,
Tony "C"
R,
Tony "C"