Author Topic: how to config express light curves with EtherDongle?  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Rogelio

I only have the Etherdongle and want to add light curves to my LE's.  The configuration utility uses the com ports.  How can I load the curves?
Roy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, by Rogelio »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I am afraid that there is not currently a way. I will get it but one guy is limited in what is possible in free time so there are a few things ahead of this.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rayster

You might want to see if someone around you has a Dongle that you could use to program your light curves in!! Ray :)

Offline Rogelio

thats cool RJ.  I just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing something.  I do have a group in San Antonio I meet with and they do have the usb dongle.  I have been thinking of picking one up anyway.  Besides,  I have plenty of time till Christmas...Right?
Thanks for the reply
Roy

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
i still have partially assembled usb dongles for sale...   just sayin  ;)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline txburr

how to config express light curves with EtherDongle?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, »
Roy,  I know we can help you the next time we get together.  I think I have a spare we can work a deal on or David does have a few. 

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Currently, as RJ said ... you have to use the Lynx dongle with DMX firmware to set the LE light curves.  I doesn't work if the dongle is flashed with pixelnet firmware either. 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kjam22

I have 2 dongle boards with cases that I bought in a coop last year if you need one.

Offline c4v3man

Re: how to config express light curves with EtherDongle?
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Currently, as RJ said ... you have to use the Lynx dongle with DMX firmware to set the LE light curves.  I doesn't work if the dongle is flashed with pixelnet firmware either.
I ordered an etherdongle to control my first show this year, and while I don't need programmable light curves, it might be nice with the mix of LED and ICAN lights I'm using. Is it at all possible to program using an Entec DMX adapter, as I have a friend who has one for his DJ lighting equipment, and I know it's popular as an option  to the Lynx dongle. Thanks!

EDIT: Just noticed the new version of the app should support the etherdongle when released (no rush). No worries then.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, by c4v3man »

Offline t0cableguy

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, »
I am looking at this problem myself, didn't think about it till I got my etherdongle and assembled it. I have two boards and cases, anyone have a dongle or parts that I can buy at a better rate than buying the parts from mouser?

Offline Rogelio

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, »
Has there been any update to the config utility to run on etherdongle yet?   I am finishing up on my LE's from this years coop, and the led curve question came up again.
Roy

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, »
I will not be able to work on it again until after the academy.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying