Author Topic: Nutcracker: New release, Matrix target  (Read 5445 times)

Offline ric7zz

Re: Nutcracker: New release, Matrix target
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When I create a grid of 7 CCR's of 50 pix with 2 folds (up then down), I get a grid of 7 up and then down according to the chart.  Looks good, 25 pix up and 25 pix down.  When I apply an effect it comes out 14 pix high and 14 across instead of 25 high and 14 across.  What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

try 1 fold to get 25 up

I tried it.  It gave me 7 pix up and 7 pix across.  I'm lost.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  Thank you for tryng.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, »
When I create a grid of 7 CCR's of 50 pix with 2 folds (up then down), I get a grid of 7 up and then down according to the chart.  Looks good, 25 pix up and 25 pix down.  When I apply an effect it comes out 14 pix high and 14 across instead of 25 high and 14 across.  What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

try 1 fold to get 25 up

I tried it.  It gave me 7 pix up and 7 pix across.  I'm lost.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  Thank you for tryng.

I will look at it tomorrow, doesnt look right, you are correct
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, »

Can you please include your login name to Nutcracker and maybe the effect name you were doing? There are now nearly 300 users who have defined 760 effects.

I tried 7 strings, 50 pixels each, folds=2.

i put a butterfly effect on it, it seems correct

There was a bug in the target z axis generation.

It is fixed now.

here is your model, looks as expected

array_to_save
username   f
user_target   AA_MATRIX2
effect_class   butterfly
effect_name   FLY_0_0_MATRIX
window_degrees   360
frame_delay   50
sparkles   0
seq_duration   5
formula   1
radian_shift   .05
start_color   #FFFFFF
end_color   #FFFFFF
background_chunk   #FFFFFF
background_skip   #FFFFFF
background_color   #000000
submit   Submit Form to create your effect
OBJECT_NAME   butterfly

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, »
The grid looks good now.  The effects take good now.  The only thing is that when I go to make a LOR2 .lms sequencer file it times out.  "maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded"  Instead of a butterfly effect, I then tried a meteors with less duration time.  I thought this would be a smaller file.  Still timed out.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for your help and patience.  Things are looking better.   

Offline smeighan

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, »
The grid looks good now.  The effects take good now.  The only thing is that when I go to make a LOR2 .lms sequencer file it times out.  "maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded"  Instead of a butterfly effect, I then tried a meteors with less duration time.  I thought this would be a smaller file.  Still timed out.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for your help and patience.  Things are looking better.   

I was modiying the make_lor.php module to enable it to do layers (another thread i am working on).

That incomplete code got pushed to production. i need to back it out and then you will be good to go.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, »

I was modiying the make_lor.php module to enable it to do layers (another thread i am working on).

That incomplete code got pushed to production. i need to back it out and then you will be good to go.

lms code issue is fixed.

to produce your model into an lms file was under 4 seconds

max_execution_time =30
max_execution_time =300
Calling read Target:                     Elapsed time =    0.00004 seconds
Finished read Target:                    Elapsed time =    0.00007 seconds
Finished filling dat_file_array:         Elapsed time =    0.01514 seconds
5 seconds of animation with a 50 ms frame timing = 100 frames of animation

RED:16711680GREEN:65280BLUE:255
350 channels have been created for LOR

Click here for LOR lms file. workspaces/2/AA_MATRIX2+FLY_0_0_MATRIX.lms

Total Elapsed time for this effect:      Elapsed time =    3.52124 seconds
Home | Target Generator | Effects Generator | Logout
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, »
That is the greatest.  That matrix is working great now.  Thank you so much.  Have a great day.

Offline Timon

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, »
Sean,

Suggestion, since most matrix's are wider than they are tall, vrs. Mega trees which are taller than wide, could we get and option to fold the pixel strings left to right instead of bottom to top? It would allow making a wide matrix panel with much fewer cuts to the strips.

Thanks
John

Offline smeighan

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, »
Sean,

Suggestion, since most matrix's are wider than they are tall, vrs. Mega trees which are taller than wide, could we get and option to fold the pixel strings left to right instead of bottom to top? It would allow making a wide matrix panel with much fewer cuts to the strips.

Thanks
John

It is on my to do list. I planned on vertical matrices (this is what i have now) and horizontal matrices. Just a comment. Things like scrolling text will look best when the verticals are perfectly aligned. When strings wrap bottom /top they hang in straight lines.

When you start wrapping horizontally, i hope there is a way to align the pixels vertically in some mechanical way.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Timon

Nutcracker: New release, Matrix target
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, »
I'd only use the horizontal wrap on a matrix. Trees would always be vertical just because of the alignment issue you described. So if only matrix had the option to wrap horizontally I consider the problem solved.

John
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline smeighan

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, »
I'd only use the horizontal wrap on a matrix. Trees would always be vertical just because of the alignment issue you described. So if only matrix had the option to wrap horizontally I consider the problem solved.

John
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am only thinking of offering horizontal matrices. My comment still applies. For all of my effects to work , i need strands to be vertical and they are populated with pixels going up and down the strand. it can be done , software wise.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Timon

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, »
Sean,
Few minor issues:
1) The text displays on the matrix it never uses the first row even when using the smallest matrix height that would contain the text, i.e., 18 for two lines of text.
2) Matrix text, there is an overlap of the two lines, i.e., the bottom of the "y" is the same as the top of the second line.

Suggestions:
1) Fonts, your currently using a fixed spaced font. Any chance a proportional option could be added so the text would look a tad better?
2) Text positioning, I would love to be able to specify the row that each line of text starts on.
3) More than 2 lines of text, for larger matrixes I'd like to see the ability to have more than two lines. This might be easiest to do with a general text box and escape sequences for color, and row start, where each line of text is a line on the display. In fact that way you could even change color character by character.
4) Scroll up or down, If you have a text that would complete fit the matrix width it would be nice to be able to scroll it up, or down. This assumes that you can have more than 2 lines of text to make this useable.

Offline smeighan

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, »
Sean,
Few minor issues:
1) The text displays on the matrix it never uses the first row even when using the smallest matrix height that would contain the text, i.e., 18 for two lines of text.
2) Matrix text, there is an overlap of the two lines, i.e., the bottom of the "y" is the same as the top of the second line.

Suggestions:
1) Fonts, your currently using a fixed spaced font. Any chance a proportional option could be added so the text would look a tad better?
2) Text positioning, I would love to be able to specify the row that each line of text starts on.
3) More than 2 lines of text, for larger matrixes I'd like to see the ability to have more than two lines. This might be easiest to do with a general text box and escape sequences for color, and row start, where each line of text is a line on the display. In fact that way you could even change color character by character.
4) Scroll up or down, If you have a text that would complete fit the matrix width it would be nice to be able to scroll it up, or down. This assumes that you can have more than 2 lines of text to make this useable.

Issues:
1) There is a few bugs in text and i am working on them.
2) see above

Suggestions:
1)
For Fonts; go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and save the file. Go ahead and make a new one. I dont know if making proportional fonts with such a coarse pixel count would work. These fonts are as small as they can be made 5x7. You may also notice i have not coded all of the punctuation into this file yet. Besides letters and numbers i only have the period coded. It is on my todo list. If someone would finish this file and send it back to me, that would be nice.

Send it back to me and i will incorporate it.
This file assumes a 5x9 matrix. This is because i have descending lines on the lower case.

Example: here is the first two lower case letters. Wherever there is an x, i will turn on a pixel.
=a
 xxx
x  x
x  x
x xx
 x x
=b
x
x
xxxx
x   x
x   x
x   x
xxxx

2) row positioning, yes i could offer this

3) more rows. i coded the 3rd line of text, i didnt release it. I was thinking that most people are not going to have huge matrix displays (multiple thousands of dollars). I expect as the years go on and the prices fall we will continue to see denser RGB displays.

4) The star wars intro text. I though about doing this, again the physical limits of matrix display just not being big enough, i put it on hold. Coding is simple to do it.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, »
Wow, someday I'll get here.  This is some cool stuff and it makes me think of a gillion ways to sequence some really cool stuff.

I'm just not ready for this; I wish I was.  I wish I didn't have to go to work, then I could  spend more time and do a lot more, but wait, I have to work to do what I do now.  :D

<pop..

First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama