Author Topic: LSP Demo  (Read 3874 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
LSP Demo
« on: April 09, 2012, »
I am having a problem with the demo version of LSP, and cannot get an answer from the site. Here is what I posted :

I downloaded the lightshow pro as a demo A couple of days ago and I started to play with it and shut it down for awhile ( Aprox 2 hrs ) and went back into it and It said evaluation period over. That makes it hard to decide if I want to use the program or not. I did alot of research before I downloaded lightshow pro and am surprised that I am having this problem . I do graphics for a living and use very high end software. When A new version of the software comes out I always download for evaluation ( 30 Days ) with no problems . I have deleted the program and reinstalled it 4 times, and every time I shut it down the same ( evaluation period over ) message comes up. The last time I just opened it and shut it down right away and didn't even do anything

I have posted it 2 times on a support ticket and sent an email to them also. To make it worse I deleted it again when I got home and then I reinstalled and started from the new menu it said I was on my 3rd day of evaluation. After playing with it for awhile I shut it down and tried to restart and evaluation ended. Does anyone have any answers? It is very frustrating and I do not know why the company is not responding. Vixen 3 is starting to look pretty good right now.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: LSP Demo
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, »
Did you install the software at an earlier date? (maybe uninstalling a while before)

I wonder if the evaluation period was started a long time before, and cookies or other protections prevent a person from reinstalling the evaluation product.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, »
I just installed it towards the end of last week . First time  using LSP software.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, »
When you uninstall, you must actually run the uninstaller before running the install again ... in case you did it any other way.

I'd be patient on the support, its mainly just one developer and he's got a real job ... so his availability is sometimes limited.

He works very hard and I doubt he's ignoring you ... probably just busy.  I never had a problem with the demo version working
for me.  I'm sure once you explain the situation he can extend it so you get the full evaluation period your expecting.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, »
Yes I ran the uninstall and found a segment still left on the hard drive and removed that also plus the directory folders . I was not aware that it was mainly one developer. AS far as the demo goes I read everything i could find to solve the problem, and basically there were only one or two on the topic, none that applied to me . I also noticed that they were updating the website, I wonder if that could be the problem. AS I stated in the original post. I have not had any problems before installing demo versions of software. 

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, »
Ok it gets now its getting weird. I installed it on my computer at work and it works just fine !!  But not at home.

Offline angus40

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, »
Make sure the date is set on your home computer, also try this  goto start/run: type this in the run command box  sfc /scannow  and hit enter.

This will check your win sys files and inform you if some are missing or corrupt .

Have your windows disk at the ready ....
Hope this helps .

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, »
ok I will check that when I get home And see if it works . Will let you know. One other thing I noticed is  on LSP website I first clicked on the left column ( try LSP) I downloaded from there, After the evaluation problem I went back In and downloaded from the center  that said ( free trial ) They are 2 different version  numbers. Maybe the older one on the left has a problem and then when I updated to the newer one I is  telling LSP that I had already done a 30 day evaluation of the software. ( Grabbing at straws  ) LOL

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, »
Almost sounds like the registry didn't get cleared out completely?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, »
As I stated I am grabbing at straws. When I get home I will try to play with it some and see if I can get it to work. I will keep you posted. Still havent, heard from LSP though.

Offline Ryan Johnson

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, »
SOmeone else said it but I'll echo as well: responses are sometimes slow coming due to folks every day "real" jobs, family, etc.  I got a SCATHING email from someone on EASTER because they had not received an answer to an Academy question fast enough for them (they sent it on GOOD FRIDAY so yeah, I was a little tied up!  ::) )

I know it's frustrating when we don't get an answer as quickly as we want but David's not ignoring you, he's just in the weeds I'd imagine.

Have a great rest of the week.

Ryan

Offline caretaker

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, »
Uninstall it using windows uninstaller then make sure to delete the following directories:

Win XP                                                                                                                                           Windows 7
C:\program files\graphxpros                                                                                                      C:\program files (x86)\graphxpros
C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\local settings\application data\graphzpros                C:\Users\Appdata\local\graphxpros

Next run regedit  (registry editor) and use Find for "graphxpros" and delete entires

Also uninstall the K-Lite codec pack and Divx if it installed and delete associated directories.

Then try a clean install with the latest version of Light show Pro 

Jeff Squires

Offline angus40

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, »
To solve all , just purchaes the pro version :)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, »
To solve all , just purchaes the pro version

This is funny let me quote an old saying  ( A fool and his money soon part )

I can buy alot of software  for what I do , and they all promise the same thing . I have high end equipment at home and at work, so let me give you a couple of examples of what I found playing with LSP : 1- I found it fairly easy to use , after I got used to it I had 5 channels set up with effects in aprox 15 minutes. ( at work ) 2- I found a few problems with opperations : If you push it to hard it locks up , If you hit the delete button ( nothing ) If you go and draw an element on the screen ( arches, icicles, ect, they do not change the color you request ) those are just a few ....  I support anyone that tries to help In our enjoyment , But the software I wanted  to buy is 249.00 That is not alot in this hobby but it needs to work . My issue that I posted is not on the norm, And I will solve it !!!! I am getting ready to go into the bios and check some settings

Offline angus40

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, »
If You have high end units you may want to look at high end software then .

These are a bit pricey compared to lsp but if your high end  you may find this affordable.