Author Topic: Hitting the memory Limit with LSP and xLights  (Read 1326 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

So I'm running nearly 5000 channels of FlexStrip LED lights via Light Show Pro and an EtherDongle (flashed for Pixelnet)
which then goes to two 16 Port Active Hubs.

Now I tried the LSP scheduler with a few of my test sequences, one works ok, the second just won't run in the scheduler.

So I started to convert the sequences over to XLights. The simpler sequence works just fine (thanks to FrankR for the conversion tools and to the developer of XLights).

The second sequence is a little longer (about 3 1/2 mins long) and about 25Mega Bytes in size, but when I ask LSP to export it to LMS format  it starts to export then throw a memory exception.

Is there anyway to do the export without breaking the sequence into pieces and then stitching it back together later?

Offline dmoore

Re: Hitting the memory Limit with LSP and xLights
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, »
I'd recommend documenting the problem using screencast-o-matic.com and then post it on the LSP support site.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, »
Hi Pete,

The trick I used was to break the LSP sequence into 30 second chunks and export them separately.  Then I converted the LOR files to xLights and finally stitched all the xLights sequences together.

It is crazy long process but it did work...

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, »
Yeah, it's a long winded way to get the more complex sequences to work.

I'm holding out hope that the re-write of LSP that David is doing will sort out the scheduler issues. In addition, we might get an export to the conductor for the etherdongle, so I'm trying to cover all the bases.

One question on the sequence that I did successfully export to LMS and then put through your tool and finally through XLights.

I'm exporting from LSP to LMS format.

I've got about 5000 channels sequentially numbered and set up for E1.31 in LSP
I also have two AC16 controllers (D-Light each 16 channels) connected via a USB dongle.

I assume when it exports to LMS format that the 32 channels from the AC controllers also get exported?

Once I've exported I use the setnet.py file and set up my network in the file

I can successfully set up my LED FlexStrips in the setnet.py file, that seems straight forward, but do I also add my two AC controller channels in that file as well.
I'm not sure how to do that

After checking the setnet.py file I run the following command in my convert directory:
C:\Python27\python.exe setnet.py

After that has completed I run this command:
XMLSearchReplace.exe /F="c:\convert\new*.LMS" /S="unit" /R="1" /O=va

After that's completed I load the new file into xLights file converter and convert to the LMS file to xLights format

After that, I can load the final file into the xLights scheduler (which is working on the simple sequence), but I haven't checked if the two 16 channel controllers have made it through the conversion process.
I'm assuming that since I didn't define them in the setnet.py file, they don't make it through the rest of the conversion process?