Author Topic: Start channel  (Read 2116 times)

Offline bassmants

Start channel
« on: April 11, 2012, »
Is the only way to program the start channel on the Aether II a USB Dongle?  I only have an Etherdongle.  I was reading the assembly manual on the wiki and it looks like you need to use the address utility not available on the E-dongle.  The LE's are selectable on board, luckily.  Will this be available in the future, or do I need a USB Dongle? 

Thanks.

Offline tbone321

Re: Start channel
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, »
RJ said that he would modify the utility to work with the EtherDongle when he gets the time to work on it.  Fortunantly we still have plenty of time before the primary decorating season begins for him to get to it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline bassmants

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, »
Good enough answer for me!  Heck, I don't even have an Aether yet until the coop delivers.  I just read ahead an remembered someone else talking about the address utility and E-dongle.  Thanks.  8)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, »
If I flash the etherdongle with dmx will it work that way or do I still need to wait to modify the utility ?

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, »
You can try to set your start channel using the ETD by using your sequence software to set it.

Create a blank sequence and set the intensity value for channel #1 to what you want your start channel to be and leave everything else set to zero. (If your start channel is less than 256)

Then run the sequence in a continues loop and follow the rest of the directions for your device.

This does the something as the utility does

You can look at the alternate ways of setting the start channel for the MR16 in the WIKI for some details.   

Jeffry

Offline JDM1oc

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, »
If you have Bobcat DMX Tester, it works great for setting start addresses.  I've set an SSR4 and an Aether II with the tester.

Josh

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, »
No I do not have a bobcat tester as of yet, AS with the op, I am getting as much info as I can , thinking about using them for the 4th of july display. Thats if I get them built in time. LOL

Offline Night Owl

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you have Bobcat DMX Tester, it works great for setting start addresses.  I've set an SSR4 and an Aether II with the tester.

Josh

Really?  I hadn't even considered using it for that.  What did you do?  Select the channel then set the intensity to 255?  (Don't have an Aether yet to play with)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, by Night Owl »

Offline JDM1oc

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, »
If I remember correctly, I set the dmx intensity to the channel I wanted on the Aether (limited to 1-255 if using the tester) and the dmx channel to 1 and then followed the directions for programming the Aether.

Josh