Author Topic: Nutcracker: new release, target generator  (Read 1368 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Nutcracker: new release, target generator
« on: April 13, 2012, »
A few people have said that my current target generator uses all the pixels of a string, but will cause them to have to bring the controllers half way up a strand. They asked for the ability to always start a new string at the bottom of the rgb device. Doing this basically means that i will ignore any extra pixels that will not make a complete strand.

I have implemented this feature.

An example always speaks better:
2 strings with 17 pixels each. This will keep screen shots small.

Notice the new prompt "Do you want your strings to always start at the bottom of your RGB device?"

Because we answered "Y" to the last prompt, this is what we get.

Notice we are only using 15 of the 17 pixels , because we will not wrap them partially down the next strand., Note, all strings start at the bottom.

While doing this change, i also modified the target display. It made no sense for the bottom of your display to be on the left side of the table and the top to be the right side. Now the top of your RGB device is the top of the table.

Now, i go back and change the last prompt to "N". This means , use all pixels in every string even though a string could start part way up a strand.

Hopefully this gives you all a target generator that matches how you build RGB devices.

thanks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ric7zz

Re: Nutcracker: new release, target generator
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, »
If I use 7 CCR's 50 pix ea. 3 folds, not always at the bottom for the controllers.  I get a chart that looks correct.  When I create the LOR sequence, it gives me 5 controllers instead of 7.  Also the controllers are not all in groups of 50 RGB channels.  Jimmytown745 

Offline smeighan

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I use 7 CCR's 50 pix ea. 3 folds, not always at the bottom for the controllers.  I get a chart that looks correct.  When I create the LOR sequence, it gives me 5 controllers instead of 7.  Also the controllers are not all in groups of 50 RGB channels.  Jimmytown745

ill look into it.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, »

ill look into it.

I think I forgot to give you all the information.  I was making a mega tree with the spiral effect.  Also I'm not really sure the chart came out right.  The first ribbon looked good.  The others I think should go from where the first left off and go down and then up and then down.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Thank you. 

Offline smeighan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, »
i did find a problem in the make_lor.php, old version was released. It took more than 5 minutes before , now 10-15 seconds.

I loaded the lms file with a butterfly effect with no error.

let me try spiral now
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, »
i did find a problem in the make_lor.php, old version was released. It took more than 5 minutes before , now 10-15 seconds.

let me try spiral now

Gave my mega-tree with 7 CCR's 50 pix ea., 3 folds, start at bottom yes.  I'm trying to make a mega tree with the spiral effect.The visualizer (channel preview) showed only 5 CCR's.  Ea CCR showed channel 31 to 34 missing.  I didn't try the butterfly effect.  I'm just working on the spiral effect.  Since I don't have alot of CCR's,  I thought I would try a small mega tree.  Maybe it's not good for a small tree.  I like that new channel preview you put in.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  Jimmytown745 

Offline smeighan

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, »

let me try spiral now

Gave my mega-tree with 7 CCR's 50 pix ea., 3 folds, start at bottom yes.  I'm trying to make a mega tree with the spiral effect.The visualizer (channel preview) showed only 5 CCR's.  Ea CCR showed channel 31 to 34 missing.  I didn't try the butterfly effect.  I'm just working on the spiral effect.  Since I don't have alot of CCR's,  I thought I would try a small mega tree.  Maybe it's not good for a small tree.  I like that new channel preview you put in.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  Jimmytown745

I limit the channel preview to only show 5 strings. i had 100 pixels times 5 strings 5 100 frames. This is an html table with 50,000 cells. Try doing a view source on your browser  ;)

The browsers start to choke when we get much bigger.

I will probably change from an html table channel preview (This was a quick and easy way to get preview) and instead make a png or jpg.

For what i wanted it for (check the logic out), 5 strings is enough. For example on Spirals i am not picking up pixels 1-5. I thought  I had that fixed. On the text effect, i see some pixels that are off by 1.

If i were testing i would use a butterfly first. it activates all pixels in the tree (or it is supposed to).

I need to work on the spiral logic since i see i am missing some edge cases.

Sean
Littleton, CO