Author Topic: Nutcracker: First light  (Read 1040 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Nutcracker: First light
« on: April 13, 2012, »
I have been waiting to see first light from anyone.

Over in DIYC, there was this post. Yeah!, it works. Click on the third youtube link to see a Nutcracker sequence.

Quote from: Henedce;204800
Been working the last few weeks to bring my pixel Mega Tree or half tree to life  .

My Concept:
I wanted a way that I could mount my pixels at even intervals along the full 5.5 mtrs (18ft), but I also wanted to be able to rotate each upright to any angle as well as be able to tilt them out or in at will to increase or decrease the circumference of my base.
I have spent the 1-2 months or so reading others posts, costing supplies and asking questions. I discarded multiple ideas before finally settling on this
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Next step was to build the frame. I originally went with a frame I could build at ground level , set up then lift into place. Bad idea the weight makes it too unstable to lift . So I went to a more traditional mast plus carriage to winch the lights into place. The sheer enormity of this project started to come to light.

Then spent yesterday finalising the carriage head, attaching 6 strings to conduit, spending 2 hours trying to nut out a communication issue with my P12 and then another hour nutting out why the lights wouldn't work.

Communication issue seemed to be a 30 metre solid core cable although testing fine with my tester just refused to work but 2 15 metre store bought worked with my router/modem in between.

Lights not working was simply the strings I  bought changed their wiring pattern randomly depending where you cut them.

But here it is. Only 6 strings atm as thats all I have until my budget allows me to buy more. Sequencing was done using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Awesome software) and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

[video=youtube;OAq-ANBl0CU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAq-ANBl0CU&list=UUbcH2uH27u4rBn63opFisvQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I think you are the first person to show a nutcracker sequence! I have been waiting to verify it is all working.

thanks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

Re: Nutcracker: First light
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, »
This guy has some good stuff going on with Nutcracker too. The raw pixel strings don't provide as vivid an image compared to strings that are put inside thin PVC, or attached to a white backer of some type, but the sequencing looks real good.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Nutcracker: First light
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, »
Another user (as above poster noted) has a video using Nutcracker effects

Originally Posted by jaywalk101
Hey Sean,

Check out my Mega Tree I did using your Nutcracker software. Thanks for all your help!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login