Author Topic: Wireless units used for Conductor and Slave?  (Read 7144 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Wireless units used for Conductor and Slave?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, »
1 is a Access point and the others are all clients if I remember. Nothing hard to do. i know some of the beta guys had them working wirelessly also.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Re: Re: Wireless units used for Conductor and Slave?
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1 is a Access point and the others are all clients if I remember. Nothing hard to do. i know some of the beta guys had them working wirelessly also.

RJ

LOL, yes me being one of them, but I'm not at home to look.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Or just use three of them one on computer, one on conductor and one on slave. Then use the wifi in your android phone. So you are connected everywhere.

RJ

Where is the Lynx conductor software for the Android.  I've looked in the App store but the only two I found were one to tell you where the nearest xmas show is.  The other seems to only work if you are using Vixen.

I've been trying all day to get my conductor to work with my wireless routers, but no luck.   Are the wireless routers setup in Client mode?   I have a wired/wireless AP (netgear wndr3800) thru which my pcs and android tablet are connected, but the lynx conductor software on the pc just can't see the Conductor. 
I have a couple of Zonet routers which can be set to either AP or Client as well as a couple of dd-wrt routers.  I have tried every combo I can think of but no luck thus far. 
Any suggestion other than just give it up!

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, »
Do you have one you can setup in client mode?  I think the issue is passing multicast through routed ports.  If you have one that will setup in client mode that might work as it is not a routed connection.  Multicast doesn't always make it through routed connections (i.e. LAN to WAN port).

Offline tng5737

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, »
Well, I got this to work (sort of) by setting the dd-wrt router up as a client-bridge and then 'Joined' the Netgear.  They are on separate subnets.  If I look in the netGear AP I can see both ED which was assigned an IP using DHCP on the dd-wrt router - as well as the wireless dd-wrt client itself.  When I bring up the conductor software I can see the show but am unable to control the ED (except for setting the volume level) - even Sync Time does not work.  If I move the ED off of the dd-wrt router and plug it into the same switch as the pc - everything works fine!  Obviously, something is not getting routed properly.   I would have thought that that if the multicast wasn't being routed (and btw, I unchecked the block multicast option in the dd-wrt setup), that I wouldn't even see the ED or its shows  with conductor software.  Not sure what is happening here!  I have two Conductors and the results are the same with either of the two.