Author Topic: Etherdongle DMX plugin  (Read 2254 times)

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Etherdongle DMX plugin
« on: April 18, 2012, »
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I made a mistake, I downloaded the Vixen 2.1 plugin off of the hardware page in the WIKI. It is file #7979. With this file I couldn't get Vixen to output to the Etherdongle, and my Vixen sequence didn't work connected to an LE. I then went to the software page, and there is a different plugin file #6924, which I installed and now the Vixen sequence send a signal to the Etherdongle, and controls the LE. Am I screwing this up or what? Or is the file on the hardware page wrong? Thanks for any help,

Bill

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Etherdongle DMX plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, »
Hi Bill

The plugin in the equipment page is the newer version. It fixes problems that the first one had. The one in the software page is the older one (it should be pointing to the same one as the equipment page that is my bad). Both of them should of worked for you. Going by memory (not a good thing), I think the first version had a problem if you didn't start at channel one or if you didn't do a full universe. There was a beta forum for the etherdongle but its gone now so I could be wrong with the problems.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, »
Sorry Rick but I've re-downloaded the .dll file 2 or 3 times, removed, reinstalled it at least 6 times, but I cannot get that file from the hardware section to work. When I reinstall the old file, the ED works like a champ. So, anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?  Here is my setup, ED flashed with DMX, LEv5, Win Vista, Vixen 2.1, Lynx+EtherDongle and PixelNet dot dll files installed in the Vixen folder, plugin output folder, sequence is a full universe running 512 channels of 3 seconds on, 3 seconds off. Any ideas? Thank you for any help,

Bill

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, »
I tried the same thing today and did not get any DMX ouput. I do not have the older vixen driver. Should the current vixen driver and the ED flashed for DMX produce DMX output?

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, »
It should, but didn't for me. I then went to the software page, under Etherdongle, Vixen ver 2.1 EtherDongle output plugin - ver 1, which is attachment 6924, downloaded it to the output plugin folder in Vixen, removed the other one, and then tried a Vixen file again, and it worked.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, »
Got mine working. I had one of those  <fp. Doh moments. I had forgot to disable my notebooks wireless interface and once I did that the ED came up working.  ;D

I did use the V1 driver but I am now going back and try the V2 driver to see if it continues to work. Will Advise.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, »
Made the change to the V2 of the driver and 'It did not work'. :(

Put it back to V1 and the Edongle began working again.