Author Topic: Lynx out to individual smart strands  (Read 839 times)

Offline ron d

Lynx out to individual smart strands
« on: April 19, 2012, »
Hoping to use a lynx dmx out to a  smart strand.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If I run cat 5 to 3 pin DMX would this then control a smart strand?

I would also be using on hub and 12 smart strands but is there any reason I could not run several strands assigned to the same channel direct from a lynx? Would an additional power supply or anything else be needed?  Rather then a lynx I would simply run wireless to 4 receivers and control them using 4 of these. Also a cheaper solution if anyone has one. The wireless I have its just the DMX conversion/power I could use some help with.

Offline JDM1oc

Re: Lynx out to individual smart strands
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, »
That device will run smartstrings using a dmx signal.  You will need to power the device and supply adequate power for the pixels you will be using.  I think the diagram for the Cat5 to XLR cable is in the wiki.  Keep in mind that you can only control up to 170 pixels with this device. So if you have a small number of pixels you want to incorporate into your show and want to keep it all DMX, this would work.

Josh

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Lynx out to individual smart strands
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, »
i have this device and it does work with dmx.   you should still stick to 128 nodes even with this controller.  but you'll quickly run out of space in your dmx universe. plus it's an expensive way to go about things...

about $170 to get 4 of them to even get started, they arent waterproof, and dont have the fastest response times.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!