Author Topic: enable / disable channels button not working  (Read 2139 times)

Offline winwin

The "enable/disable channels channels for this sequence" button is working on my first sequence. However, the button is no longer active (gray-out) for any new sequence I try to create... Probably a simple fix/setup issue but I can't locate where to "re-activate" this function or figure out what is happening.

Any idea? Thanks
AL.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: enable / disable channels button not working
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, »
Did you start using a profile for the other sequences? If so then you have to go to manage profiles to turn on or off channels.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline winwin

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, »
Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I verified that all channels are on as your suggested. 

The attached picture shows the button I want to use to turn on or off channels when using a preview. It does work for one sequence I created and it does not for others using the same profile.
As a test I created a brand new profile and sequence to verify if the button would work. The issue still exists, which lead me to believe that something got corrupted (or I messed up something).
AL.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, »
If a sequence is attached to a profile then the only way to make changes to the channels is with the profiles manage menu. The button on the main screen will be disabled.

Click on Profiles on the toolbar menu and then click on manage
Click on the profile you are using for that sequence and then click on the middle icon on the right (looks like a circle with a diagonal equals)

Then the Edit Profile screen comes up and you can turn on or off channels with the icon on the left second one down.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline winwin

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, »
Rick,

Thanks again for your response. I have done/check what you suggested but the issue is still there.
All channels are enable in the profile but the button for enable/disabling them in a sequence is grayed-out.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
AL.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, »
Ok

Detach the sequence from a profile and I bet the button will be enabled.

Rick R.

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, »
As others have mentioned if you have a profile attached to your sequence the channel enable/disable is grayed out.  You have to go into Profiles -> Manage -> (select profile)
In the window that opens directly under the words “Edit a profile” are three buttons. The top button controls changing channel output, the second button (the one you want) controls enabling/disabling channels for the profile and the last lets you assign colors to channels. 
Once the second button is clicked the enable/disable window will open and you can select your channels. Unfortunately this will affect all sequences attached to the profile. I’m don’t know of a way to disable a channel for one sequence and not another when, they are both attached to the same profile.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline winwin

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, »
Thanks for your help. Sorry for not responding sooner but I have had very little time lately for myself and never really had a chance to focus on this problem.

I tried to detach the sequence as you suggested. It was a good idea. Unfortunately I got the same result.

Today I went back to Vixen to try to work a little more on my sequences and other problems popped up!... I'll try again in the next few days to see if I can figure out what is going on...more later! I have a feeling I am going to need your help!

Cheers!

AL.