Author Topic: Any new smart string light choices coming?  (Read 1821 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Any new smart string light choices coming?
« on: April 22, 2012, »
Any updates / additional choices coming in smart string lights?  I need to order some more, but am willing to wait awhile if there are new things coming.  I'm just asking about lights, not boards.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: Any new smart string light choices coming?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, »
Ray has told an friend of mine that he is willing to repackage some elements like the pixel nodes in a different format on a custom basis.

About the only other elements that I could see coming would be the snow tubes or a derivation thereof or pixelnet ropelight. If there was a way to encapsulate the pixelnodes in a ropelilght format it would make creating arches so much easier.

Offline Corey872

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, »
Not holding my breath, but hoping one day the circuit driving the LED can be miniaturized enough to be encapsulated right inside the LED itself - somewhat the way flickering LEDs and 'dumb' color changing LEDs are today.

Even a dumb color change LED has lots of room inside the package... just need to stuff the node control circuit in there!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, by Corey872 »

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, »
I have gotten some emails from another supplier advertising double wide flexible strips, in case you know..... they are not bright enough!!!  8)  <fp.   >:D

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, »
i'm working on a couple designs for making my own...  i'm still waiting on some materials, i i plan on having icycles and half smart/dumb arches.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, »
Chris, I have programmable icicle lights that I purchased. I'm sure you have your own ideas on how to make them, but if you want, I can take pictures if it will help you reverse engineer them. George

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, »
my designs are all smart string compatible, and run off a ssc

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, »
think of it as the 3 wire runs into the top of the icycle, and a tube tube extends that has leds, but not the chip. the chip would still be at the top of the tube, and the three wire comes out the top also, running to the next icycle.

buy doing it this way, I have control over how the icycle looks. i can put as many leds as i want in the tube, they can be single color, or rgb, they can be close together,or have some spacing, and they can be 12 inches, or 6feet long    ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, by chrisatpsu »

Offline urthegman

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, »
The ones I have are 39" RGB. I like the options that yours have to make them any size you want them to be. I attempted to have mine run by Madrix using LSP because I love the effects offered.