Author Topic: Flood Light comparisons....  (Read 4813 times)

Offline DanHouston

Flood Light comparisons....
« on: April 24, 2012, »
Has anyone done any recent flood light comparisons? In particular the dual mount Rainbow Floods, Rainbow Flood Extreme, Aether II, and possibly this thing:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Anyone willing to get together to do some comparions? I could contribute dual mounted Rainbow Floods and might be able to put my hands on the last one for a test. I'm sure several folks here have Aether II (anyone in NC want to get together).....Anyone have a Rainbow Flood Extreme, or any other flood lights to put up against each other?
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline DanHouston

Re: Flood Light comparisons....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, »
This thread:

Is potentially going to handle this in Chicago....It sounds like some of them have seen the 36x1W one I linked as well.

Hmmm....
2011 - Year #1
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, »
What area in Wake Forest do you live in?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, »
If you plan to join us at the Academy in June, you can join/view a Flood-Off.  There is planned to be Aether1, Aether2, HolidayCoro, Rainbows, incans, RGB, non-RGB, etc.

The offer to bring your favorite solution to the Academy -- the event planned for Saturday night -- is extended to everyone at DLA.

Additional discussion is available here:

ALSO, the plan is to extend this to other "Offs" (Laser, Bubble, Fog, ...?)

If you have any new entries for the floods, please enter the details so that they can be added to the supporting slide deck.

Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, »
What area in Wake Forest do you live in?

Just off of New Light before you reach Granvill county.
2011 - Year #1
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, »
If you plan to join us at the Academy in June, you can join/view a Flood-Off.  There is planned to be Aether1, Aether2, HolidayCoro, Rainbows, incans, RGB, non-RGB, etc.

The offer to bring your favorite solution to the Academy -- the event planned for Saturday night -- is extended to everyone at DLA.

Additional discussion is available here:

ALSO, the plan is to extend this to other "Offs" (Laser, Bubble, Fog, ...?)

If you have any new entries for the floods, please enter the details so that they can be added to the supporting slide deck.

Steve

I won't be able to make the academy this year.....Someone shoot some video/pictures! :)
2011 - Year #1
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline Ryan Johnson

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, »
Hey Steve just thought of this.  Not everyone here is on LSH.  If you can you should copy/paste that first ongoing post that has the list so far.  That way they know what we have.

Also, as Steve mentioned- we're doing a Laser Off, Bubble Off, and Snow Off that same night, as well as the Haunt Fair (bunch of different Halloween props).  Now some folks are pulling together a Fog Off as well!   That room is going to be JUMPING on Saturday night! 

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, »
Quote from: dmoore
Ok, I've got the following floods listed, if you have a flood light you can bring that isn't listed or if you have a flood that is listed with the *, could you post here and let me know if you can bring it to the flood off?

(current list shown below...)

Do you have a flood not listed above below?

I'm putting all this data into a spreadsheet that will be a handout at the event. I'll get with the flood owners to get the addresses setup on different channels so they can be demo'ed off one machine.

Thanks,
David

Here is the current list:

• LED Vivid Wash 1  (Frank R)
  • Rainbow System (Brain, Floods, Runners) (William T)
  • Aether1 (Keith S)
  • Aether2 (Steve G)
  • HolidayCoro (David M)
  • Mighty Mini (David M)
  • LOR Cosmic Flood (Don T)

Bring your other floods!  (RGB and non-RGB!)

• Rainbow Flood Extreme (no one so far!)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline ponddude

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, »
Steve,

While I won't be attending the Academy this year I can certainly send an Extreme for people to see if someone is willing to show it off.  That is never an issue. 

Remember, the Extreme wasn't designed to really compete with the other lights but it is the only do it yourself solution that is fully waterproof and available to be outdoors, which other than the LOR flood, none of the lights you listed can do that.  We are also in the process of getting UL approval on this light.  With a lot of commercial installations, including a bunch of theaters lately, we feel UL approval is really something the light should have. Our whole moto is to offer the lighting community the best products that can be used commercially. 

If you want a flood, or any products including our new pixels and lighting controllers, just let me know and I would be happy to provide them.

Greg

Greg

Offline dmoore

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, »
Steve,

While I won't be attending the Academy this year I can certainly send an Extreme for people to see if someone is willing to show it off.  That is never an issue. 

You are welcome to ship it to me - I'm handling the flood off.  Maybe we it could be provided as a giveaway at the end of the academy.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, »
Also, as Steve mentioned- we're doing a Laser Off, Bubble Off, and Snow Off that same night, as well as the Haunt Fair (bunch of different Halloween props).  Now some folks are pulling together a Fog Off as well!

A "fog off"? That sounds like a 3-letter f-word.  ;D

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, »
...in your circles, maybe.

:)

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, »
Also, as Steve mentioned- we're doing a Laser Off, Bubble Off, and Snow Off that same night, as well as the Haunt Fair (bunch of different Halloween props).  Now some folks are pulling together a Fog Off as well!

A "fog off"? That sounds like a 3-letter f-word.  ;D
...in your circles, maybe.

:)

sorry, i thought that was a new englander accent. 
do they talk that way in canada too? 
 <fp.

sorry.  soldering fumes.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, »
Hey, what were the final results of this? I see that the Academy Info page on the wiki has a link to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and it mentions "Measurements were in Lumens" at the top of the page, but there aren't any measurements specified for each light.

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, »
Hey, what were the final results of this? I see that the Academy Info page on the wiki has a link to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and it mentions "Measurements were in Lumens" at the top of the page, but there aren't any measurements specified for each light.
the numbers are still embedded in smeighan's response and need to be gleaned out and added to the wiki.

look in this specific posting in the other thread...