Software > Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?

(1/20) > >>

smeighan:
Lets use this thread to accumulate effects you would like to see incorporated into The Nutcracker.

Best for me is if you include a video link and tell me the effect and the timing mark in the video.

thanks

Steve Gase:
I'd like a "fade" effect.  maybe a checkbox for fade-in from black, and another check for fade-out to black... or better a time period for each.

I expect that I'll transition from one effect to another, and I worry that it will be jarring to the observer. 

i suppose its unneeded if you use LSP or another editor to provide transitions in the gaps between Nutcracker effects.

BUT, if nutcracker eventually offers a "direct to xLights" format, then it will be unnecessary to even purchase another sequencing solution for your tree.

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI'd like a "fade" effect.  maybe a checkbox for fade-in from black, and another check for fade-out to black... or better a time period for each.

I expect that I'll transition from one effect to another, and I worry that it will be jarring to the observer. 

i suppose its unneeded if you use LSP or another editor to provide transitions in the gaps between Nutcracker effects.

BUT, if nutcracker eventually offers a "direct to xLights" format, then it will be unnecessary to even purchase another sequencing solution for your tree.

--- End quote ---

Yep, we certainly have fades.

I have to design for all 3 sequencers.

rrowan:
Hi Sean,

Can effects be created for RGB window frames?

I would assume the end user would need to enter the number of nodes for two sides (like top and one side). To allow for a square or rectangle window.

Thanks

Rick R.

Steve Gase:
As I prepare to build additional Coroflakes, I have wondered about how effects would be applied to my target model.  Since a tree is basically a grid laid over a conical surface, would I just use the tree's (or ray's) target model as a starting point until I import the geometries that describe my coroflake pixels?

Even then, I think the effects mighy be missing...  the effects that I think would be well-suited to a circular arrangement of pixels are more along the line of spirals, moving concentric circles the emit from a center point, or moving 'spokes' that rotate around that center point.

...just planting seeds to see if any take root.

question:  are there similar effects already available for the matrix model?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version