Author Topic: Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?  (Read 30747 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2013, »
A matrix is simply a flat, square mega tree isn't it?

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A matrix is simply a flat, square mega tree isn't it?

It is, but I meant I am not adding a matrix into my show. As far as sequencing, it is the exact same file for megatee or matrix.

Effects do look different on them. Meteor,snowflakes,garlands look better on a megatee, text, pictures look better on matrix.
IMO

Thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline travailen

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2013, »
I would like to see a copy button on the model list window. I have 32 mini trees. It will be a pain to enter them one at a time. So if I could build the first one, maybe call it mini tree 1, then, with the mini tree 1 highlighted, if I clicked the copy button the program would automatically make mini tree 2, click again for mini tree 3 and so on.

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2013, »
I would like to see a copy button on the model list window. I have 32 mini trees. It will be a pain to enter them one at a time. So if I could build the first one, maybe call it mini tree 1, then, with the mini tree 1 highlighted, if I clicked the copy button the program would automatically make mini tree 2, click again for mini tree 3 and so on.

Thanks,

Rick S
If you can edit XML files, it is pretty easy to do what you want.
In my case I wanted to clone my custom coroflake design, and it was easy to do so by editing the XML file xlights_rgbeffects.xml ...  just name each copy with a unique name, and assign a new starting channel to each.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2013, »

Thanks,

Rick S
If you can edit XML files, it is pretty easy to do what you want.
In my case I wanted to clone my custom coroflake design, and it was easy to do so by editing the XML file xlights_rgbeffects.xml ...  just name each copy with a unique name, and assign a new starting channel to each.

steve has thsi right. making a copy of your model shoud take about 10 seconds.

here is my megatree. it is locted in teh <models> ... </models> section

<models>
<model name="MTREE" DisplayAs="Tree 180" parm1="20" parm2="120" parm3="1" StartChannel="600" Order="RGB" Dir="L" Antialias="0" MyDisplay="1"/>
</models>

if i want 3 copies, the new models will start at channles 200,500,1000 respectively
<models>
<model name="MTREE" DisplayAs="Tree 180" parm1="20" parm2="120" parm3="1" StartChannel="600" Order="RGB" Dir="L" Antialias="0" MyDisplay="1"/>
<model name="MTREE1" DisplayAs="Tree 180" parm1="20" parm2="120" parm3="1" StartChannel="200" Order="RGB" Dir="L" Antialias="0" MyDisplay="1"/>
<model name="MTREE2" DisplayAs="Tree 180" parm1="20" parm2="120" parm3="1" StartChannel="500" Order="RGB" Dir="L" Antialias="0" MyDisplay="1"/>
<model name="MTREE3" DisplayAs="Tree 180" parm1="20" parm2="120" parm3="1" StartChannel="1000" Order="RGB" Dir="L" Antialias="0" MyDisplay="1"/>
</models>

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline travailen

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2013, »
Yup, works great. Thanks for the advice. About 1 more week and I will have my whole display set up in Nutcracker.

Now I have another problem. When I am working on my models on the right side of the model timing sheet, the start time and label columns have moved out of sight. Could there be a button or something that if clicked, would lock those two columns so that they would stay in view as I move the model columns left and right to select different models?

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2013, »
Sort of like in Excel where you can Lock or  "freeze panes" the first 2 columns so they don't scroll. That would be helpful if you have many models active.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, by JonB256 »

Offline travailen

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2013, »
I would like to see a candy cane model. I have 40 Wal-Mart candy canes that I have converted over to 12 node RGB candy canes. A candy cane model would help me on the preview pane.

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline travailen

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, »
First let me say that Nutcracker is a wonderful program. If Nutcracker did not exist I would NOT be attempting this show. So, Thanks to all who have a hand in making Nutcracker what it is.   <res.

I have about 80 models. If all goes well I will be using all of them in the show this year. I would like to request two additions to the program.

1) As I mentioned above, I would like the Start Time and the Label columns to stay where they are when moving through the models. I would like them to stay fixed in their startup position.

2) I would like to be able to change the order of the model columns. for example, perhaps I would like to group my Eve models next to the candy canes. or maybe interleave some mini trees and some arches. Then after programming I might want to move the candy canes next to the bridge so I can see how I am sharing some of the effects.

Thanks for considering my requests.

Rick S
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, by travailen »

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2013, »
Hey Rick,

1) I agree that this would be very helpful. Unfortunately the wx libraries for grids do not support the freeze pane abilities that we are all used to in excel.  I am exploring if there are other options but short of extending the wxWidgets libraries to support this I do not see any.  Given that I would say this functionality is unlikely to show up anytime soon.

2)  I had this ability prototyped and it was working but I had a problem with keeping the first two columns where they belong.  It should be reasonable to solve the outstanding issues here and provide this ability.

Frank

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2013, »
just an idea...

instead of a "scrolling" capability, how about a method to change the order of the columns?  maybe the model-selection list can be made into an ordered list (move items up, and move others down) and display the selected columns in the order presented in the list. 

if you return to the list and change the order, the table is redrawn in that new order.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2013, »
Its not a bad idea Steve but  Blegh... Not very elegant either... I would much prefer for the drag and drop reordering method to work. I will have to dig this back up and see where I can take it.

Frank

Offline galex2

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2013, »
Hey guys,

I have 4 rgb arches set up in nutcracker as an element.  What I've experienced so far is any effects created run across all four arches simultaneously.  I there away to create effects that run on selected arches for example a chase that starts  with arch 1 flows through arch 2 then 3 then 4?  or effects going left to right on arch 2 and 4 and right to left on arches 1 and 3.  Maybe the solution is to define each arch as an individual element and create effects separately but it would be a cool time saver if it could be done as one element.  Thoughts?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2013, »
I would like to know this answer as well.  Just bought my PVC for my new arches today.

I have 4 rgb arches set up in nutcracker as an element.  What I've experienced so far is any effects created run across all four arches simultaneously.  I there away to create effects that run on selected arches for example a chase that starts  with arch 1 flows through arch 2 then 3 then 4?  or effects going left to right on arch 2 and 4 and right to left on arches 1 and 3.  Maybe the solution is to define each arch as an individual element and create effects separately but it would be a cool time saver if it could be done as one element.  Thoughts?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2013, »
I have 24 ready to be built.  >.d9