Author Topic: Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?  (Read 30749 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have 24 ready to be built.  >.d9
i plan on building 20 arches, 10' long each. I will be working on the new singlestrand effect class after i get home from the hospital. I should be all healed by then.

also i will be building 200' of running lights to run around the perimeter of my yard. they will be using the same effect class. it will be coming, but progably not until mid oct to 1st of November.

I go in for my operation tomorrow. 9am-2pm MST. They want me walking the next day, we will see.

anyways, single strand effects for arches will be coming.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, »
I have 24 ready to be built.  >.d9
i plan on building 20 arches, 10' long each. I will be working on the new singlestrand effect class after i get home from the hospital. I should be all healed by then.

also i will be building 200' of running lights to run around the perimeter of my yard. they will be using the same effect class. it will be coming, but progably not until mid oct to 1st of November.

I go in for my operation tomorrow. 9am-2pm MST. They want me walking the next day, we will see.

anyways, single strand effects for arches will be coming.

thanks
sean
As you walk through the hall, you should ask if you can have a wheeled-stand for your computer -- it would be a very therapeutic activity.

Get well soon!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, »
Sean - they like to get you up the day after an operation.  The Mrs. had a knee replaced and they got her up the next day!  I know your doctors while take good care of you.  Have a speedy recovery!!

Offline travailen

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, »
Nutcracker is great but, two more  requests.

1) Sparkles, Brightness and Contrast are set to a default value at start up. I would like to request that, at startup, they load with  the value they were at when the program was closed.

2) The starting corner is set in the Model. But, maybe sometimes I want one model to mirror another. Could you add a "mirror" check box to the effect generator so that if it is clicked, the saved effect would run as a mirror of the original effect. This would be VERY helpful for me.

Thank you again for all you do.

Rick S

Offline travailen

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2013, »
It me again. The more I use the Nutcracker, the more I like it and the more things I want to do with it.

I would like to see a model called "spinner". I have 4 spinners. I would like to see the model built with the hub is in the middle of the viewer instead at the top like on the tree model. I would like to choose the rotational sweep of the strands. Like maybe 90,180,270 and 360 degrees.

Essentially it would be like looking at the tree model from the top of the tree instead of from the side like it is now..

Thanks again,

Rick S

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2013, »
I would like to see a model called "spinner". I have 4 spinners. I would like to see the model built with the hub is in the middle of the viewer instead at the top like on the tree model. I would like to choose the rotational sweep of the strands. Like maybe 90,180,270 and 360 degrees.
Essentially it would be like looking at the tree model from the top of the tree instead of from the side like it is now..
Thanks again,
Rick S

So why not just call it a tree and see what it looks like.  Since you get to name the element you can call it a spinner even though model element type is a tree.  That will let you program the spinner, just won't look right in the preview.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline galex2

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2013, »
Sean,

I hope all goes well with your operation and wish you a speedy and healthy recovery!!!!!  God speed!!!!!

Gene

Offline travailen

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2013, »
Thanks again,
Rick S

So why not just call it a tree and see what it looks like.  Since you get to name the element you can call it a spinner even though model element type is a tree.  That will let you program the spinner, just won't look right in the preview.

That is what I do now. But it is hard for me to visualize a 360 or a 180 degree fan when it looks like a 180 degree tree. It is just a request. I think would improve the program. The programmers can always decide not to do it.

Rick S

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2013, »
Thanks again,
Rick S

That is what I do now. But it is hard for me to visualize a 360 or a 180 degree fan when it looks like a 180 degree tree. It is just a request. I think would improve the program. The programmers can always decide not to do it.

Rick S
you should try a custom model.  its not that difficult. 

the problem with a custom model is that it is not flexible to trying out various options... string lengths, string counts, etc. are locked down when you describe the pixel placement.  but if you know exactly what you want, then model editing is not as important.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline travailen

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2013, »
I think it would be nice to add an effect to Fire like is on Meteors. A choice between up or down. Start from the bottom and go up or, start from the top and go down.
I am heavy into programming now and appreciate all that Nutcracker can do. But every so often, as I am building effects, things come to mind.

For me right now, the most useful thing would be the ability to mirror. A mirror dropdown in the combined effect section that could have 5 choices. None, Mirror Left, Mirror Right, Mirror Up, Mirror Down.

Thanks,

Rick S.

Offline smeighan

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2013, »
I think it would be nice to add an effect to Fire like is on Meteors. A choice between up or down. Start from the bottom and go up or, start from the top and go down.
I am heavy into programming now and appreciate all that Nutcracker can do. But every so often, as I am building effects, things come to mind.

For me right now, the most useful thing would be the ability to mirror. A mirror dropdown in the combined effect section that could have 5 choices. None, Mirror Left, Mirror Right, Mirror Up, Mirror Down.

Thanks,

Rick S.

rick; i would love to add you to the collaborator list and you can enhance the fire effect. The more the merrier.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline travailen

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2013, »

Thanks,

Rick S.

rick; i would love to add you to the collaborator list and you can enhance the fire effect. The more the merrier.

Sean, Sorry, I think in mislead you. I do some programming but not in this language. What I meant was that I am presently heavy into the sequencing. My goal is to use only Nutcracker for the sequencing so, I am using every possible function and feature to get interesting effects. I am hoping to do 6 songs. I am sequencing 11 arches, 40 candy canes, 32 mini trees, 8 fans, 42 tea lights, 130 feet of eves, a 31 by 120 mega tree, 12 meteor lights and other various stuff. It will be interesting to see how this works out.
Thanks again for Nutcracker, as I have said, I would not have tried a show this big if Nutcracker did not exist.

Thanks,

Rick S.

Offline travailen

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2013, »
Keystroke for the Update Grid button.

Sometime I need to put the same effect into many locations. If the Update Grid button has a keystroke assigned it would make thing a lot quicker.

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline smeighan

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2013, »
Keystroke for the Update Grid button.

Sometime I need to put the same effect into many locations. If the Update Grid button has a keystroke assigned it would make thing a lot quicker.

Thanks,

Rick S

rick, must be great minds? Zach wrote this request on another forum a few days ago.

"OK, so after finishing up three total sequences in nutcracker for this season I have come across a few more features I think would be great.

1) A short key combination for "update grid".  Too much clicking back and forth and I loose my spot on the grid.  Perhaps just my AutoCAD drafting background but right hand is for mouse, left hand is data entry.  Short key would solve this!

2) Multiple arches that can be setup AND display as one long string.  In current setup, say I have 4 arches, 40 pixels long each.  When I send an effect, it plays on every arch from the same start.  Not possible to do one long leap across the first, then second, then third, then fourth arch.  Now I can do this if I set it up as a single string, but then it won't display that way in the sequencer window.

3) A simple input pane for a standard DMX fixture.  Say a common GOBO light.  Most follow a standard pattern, color, flash, pan, tilt, etc. over just 4 dmx channels.  Would be nice to have a simple panel with intensity sliders for say 3-4 channels, something that could also be used for the "dumb" rgb fixtures and/or flood lights.  I picture it much light the holidaycoro DMX tool or the DAe1.31 test utility, but with the ability to "write" to a nutcracker pane.

4) a "fill" effect.  Say I have an effect written to the grid and updated.  Then I skip the next timing mark, leave it open, and move to a third open cell on the grid.  I write a totally new effect to that cell in the grid and update.  I'd like to be able to click the open cell in between and write a "fill" or "transition" effect to it that would be a blend or merger of the before and after effects in the grid.  Much the same way madrix does a "blend" between two different bin effects.  Is there an easy way to pull the data from the before andd after cells and use it to input something simple for the in between?  Would be particularly useful to be able to set say a 20% red intensity color wash in a grid space, skip one and do an 80% on the third, then "fill" the in-between to be a fit to time fade from 20% up to 80%.  Make sense?"

his #1 request is same as yours.

i am looking into ti

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline travailen

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2013, »
I would like to see one button that would lock or unlock everything. Then I could easily change the intensity of my mega tree, eves or other items without trying to remember to lock all the detailed items in each of the effects.

Thanks for all the hard work you all have done on this program.

Rick S