Author Topic: Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?  (Read 30755 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, »
Hi Sean,

This "may" sound silly but....

Would it be possible to have the test section (tab) effects have the ability to be scheduled?
Like for Valentines day I just have my window frames (no music) doing one RGB pattern per night. I select a different pattern each night (Alternate, twinkle 10%, etc) and set the sliders for Red (background) and White (highlight). Right now I am just "remembering" to start and stop them each night (since the Christmas light show ended until Feb 14). I really don't feel like creating a show (lazy) since the Test patterns work just fine for what my wife wants. The windows use around 900 channels.

Thanks for reading

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2014, »

Hi Sean,

Would it be possible to have the test section (tab) effects have the ability to be scheduled?
Like for Valentines day I just have my window frames (no music) doing one RGB pattern per night. I select a different pattern each night (Alternate, twinkle 10%, etc) and set the sliders for Red (background) and White (highlight). Right now I am just "remembering" to start and stop them each night (since the Christmas light show ended until Feb 14). I really don't feel like creating a show (lazy) since the Test patterns work just fine for what my wife wants. The windows use around 900 channels.

Thanks for reading

Rick R.

We plan on making the test patterns Available in single strand.

Scheduler must have a xseq file so not really possible to schedule the test patterns unless that has been created.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2014, »

Hi Sean,

Thanks for reading

Rick R.

We plan on making the test patterns Available in single strand.

Scheduler must have a xseq file so not really possible to schedule the test patterns unless that has been created.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok no problem.

To be honest I was just looking for it to have a start and stop time.

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2014, »
What would perhaps be neat would be the ability to launch a detached (separate window) "enhanced" GUI editor for the nutcracker grid, which could be docked on a different monitor and would eventually have enhanced editing capabilities.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2014, »
What would perhaps be neat would be the ability to launch a detached (separate window) "enhanced" GUI editor for the nutcracker grid, which could be docked on a different monitor and would eventually have enhanced editing capabilities.

that would be cool!

the team is in discussions now for what is 2014 list
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline poolprousa

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2014, »

+1

I have been running dual 27" for years; so nice to have that much real estate ; detachable windowed GUI would be awesome

Offline elmo2resc

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2014, »
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned.

I live in FL and have a lot of palm trees. What I would like to see is the ability to have a 360 degree matrix or pole like the Tree Model. Maybe the Tree model could have the ability to open up the top or peak of the tree to be equal to the bottom like I have seen in adjustable previews. Maybe a Pole or Post Model with up to 360 degrees like the Tree Model? I'm thinking candy canes. I know I can do this in the field but I could be helpful to see it in NutCracker. Thanks and a great job.

Jerome
Jerome