Author Topic: HELP  (Read 1139 times)

Offline grumpy2076

HELP
« on: April 27, 2012, »
I got 4 expresses built and hookd up, dested with lynx dmx deck and every light channel comes on. When i open vixen and try to play a sequence it plays on  the program but nothing on the expresses, very frustrating going to explode been trying to figure out for a week <md.. <md.. <md..
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, »
Start with the basics,

Make sure the attached plug in is set to “Enttec DMX USB Pro”

Under the Add-ins menu make sure the DMX is NOT checked (the lynx dongle does all the work)

Verify the com port in the dongle setup area is set to the same port as windows assigned to your dongle. The other settings there are not used.

Click the Vixen channel test function, a little white box up by the Channels number (usually right below the Programs menu)

In the pop up click the select all button. This should turn all channels to full on.

Some things to try if you have not.
Jeffry 

Offline meman

Re: HELP
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, »
Man, don't keep it bottled up for a week, plenty of folks on this forum willing to help you get it working!

Like Jeffry said, it's likely to be an issue with your Output Plugin setup or the FTDI drivers that must be installed in order for your computer to know how to communicate with the dongle. Most folks just run with two plugins; the "adjustable preview" for getting a rough visual playback of your yard/show while doing the sequencing and the "Entec DMX USB Pro" for actually sending a signal out of a virtual com port (physical USB port) to your Dongle ->Express.

Link to the drivers if you have not installed them yet:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also attached an image of the setup menus under Profile -> Manage

Good luck,
Mike E.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, by meman »