Author Topic: Complex matrix setup, need help  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Timon

Complex matrix setup, need help
« on: April 28, 2012, »
Hi,

I did post this on the LSP support but no answer yet. Though I post here to see if someone has some ideas that would help.

I'm trying to define a matrix for a flat pixel tree much like the ultimate tree but with more than double the pixel count. If I go 4 modules high the basic grid will be 42 pixels wide and 60 high but not all of the cells will have pixels. The tree is of a modular design will consist of 6 10 X 15 cell matrix panels thus containing 150 pixels plus 4 left triangles and 4 right triangles each of which contain 50 pixels.

The tree layout from top to bottom consists of:
Top layer 2 triangles left and right.
Second layer. left triangle a 10 x 15 panel and a right triangle.
Third layer, left triangle, two 10 x 15 panels and a right triangle.
Forth layer, left triangle, three 10 x 15 panels and a right triangle.
Total pixel count 1,300 with a height between 10 and 12' depending on pixel spacing.

The rectangular panels sequence from left to right with an S pattern. The Left triangles do the same but there are fewer LEDs as you move to the top which is a single LED. The right triangle is a mirror image of the left. The pixel count per row for the triangles is as follow. 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,5,6.

Each of the modules has it's own connection to either another module or the controller. I would have liked to have the controller through out the unused pixels but they say that should be done in the software which means LSP in this case.

My plan was to edit the cells of the matrix with the correct DMX Controller (universe) and channel number leaving the unused cells empty. I'm not having much success doing this. I'm able to edit the cells I want to use but there seems to be no way to clear the settings for the ones I'm not using. I was looking at the XML file to see if I could delete the unused cells that but I'm not sure if that will work. Putting in extra pixels to fill the grid is not an option as it would double the pixel count and that's both expensive and wasteful.

If I could get this edited correctly I think everything would work but so far editing has been a No Joy.

Have any ideas on the best way to go about this?

I really want to use LSP but this is a major part of the show.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: Complex matrix setup, need help
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, »
Lspis working on a new vertion of him. .softwarellmm