Author Topic: Nutcracker: New file type for Vixen, vix  (Read 1267 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
When you produce a sequence for Vixen, there are now three files created

1) *.vir:  Vixen routine file
2) *.txt: Vixen comma delimited file for use in cut and paste
3) *.vix: This is the new file type. I now create vix files (it includes the profile info for the channels).

Give the vix files a try.

I tried importing a vix file into LSP , hoping it would help the LSP folks. It imports with no errors but then asks to assign a controller. I don't know how to do that.

Can some LSp folk tell me if it is working? Maybe i need to assign a plugin for it to show up in LSP?

thanks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pk

• Patron Member
Re: Nutcracker: New file type for Vixen, vix
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, »
Sean -  I don't have LSP but I tried the files in Vixen.  They do not give the same results.  I even made a .lms version of the effect.

I converted the .lms and .vix to .Xseg using xlights.  The .lms version was closer to being correct than the .vix version. 

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sean -  I don't have LSP but I tried the files in Vixen.  They do not give the same results.  I even made a .lms version of the effect.

I converted the .lms and .vix to .Xseg using xlights.  The .lms version was closer to being correct than the .vix version.

Ok, Gary, i think i know what the problem is.

It has to do with the logic for selecting strands for a half megatree.
\
Try this , use your TEST2 tree (4x128). I know you only have 2 strings. Create an effect and set window as 360 degrees.

Load that up.I think that when vixen puts out strings 3 and 4, there is no hardware to respond so i think you will get your half megatree

for now, user the 4x128 and 360 degrees to create effects.

I will work on fixing this.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, »
Sean -

I created an effect I named 4SLOWSPIRAL.  It is 4 green spirals.   I selected my TREE2 model (4x128) and selected 360 degrees.  I saved the .vir and .vix  The spiral is 1 pixel wide.  There were quite a few warnings like this one:  Warning: empty cb range [65280:65280], adjusting to [64627.2:65932.8]

I loaded the .vir routine into its own sequence.   

My observations:

Nothing is output to pixel 1.  The spirals are not exactly correct as you can see from the attached photo.

I also attached the corresponding Vixen window where you can see that some of the pixels are not exactly where they should be.

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, »
Sean -

Here are the results for the .VIX file version of the same effect.  The tree is also displaying Red and blue. 

Also note in the Vixen screens of this post and the one above, the spirals are wrapped in opposite directions but the .vir and .vix files came from the same effect.

Gary 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, by pk »