Author Topic: Dumb rgb nodes  (Read 2352 times)

Offline kjam22

Dumb rgb nodes
« on: May 05, 2012, »
Has anyone found dumb rgb nodes?  I tried wrapping my Xmas tree frames with flex strips and they just don't look right.  I think that a string of nodes would come closer to looking like my old light strings.

On a different note, I thought about wrapping the tree frame (tomato cage) in a diffusing paper and then putting the flex strip inside wrapped around a PVC pipe, just don't know where to get the paper.  Years ago we used to use Mylar for drawing but I don't know if you can even find that anymore

Offline tbone321

Re: Dumb rgb nodes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, »
You will probably find that if they exist at all, the price will probably not be all that much different than the smart nodes.  I would just get the smart string nodes if that is the light style that you want to use and then just se the controller in string mode.  This will give you what you want now and also give you the option of changing to pixle mode at a later date if desired.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

those are ray's dumb strings that look like the smart strings, use the exact same led as the smart strings, and are 12v

me personally, I'm building my own dumb strings because i'm using different sized led's (i have 5mm which look alot like mini lights, 8mm which is the same that's used in the smart strings, and i also use 10mm which are bigger.)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, »
How are you going to waterproof them?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, »
the dumb nodes from Ray are IP68...

mine would be waterproofed with...

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, »
btw, if anyone else is getting the idea to make their own dumb strings...  it takes awhile!  i have 900 rgb leds that i first have to solder resistors on... 
 that's 2700 resistors!