Author Topic: next new software release  (Read 3884 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
next new software release
« on: May 11, 2012, »
Has anyone heard of a release date for the next version. I have been watching LSP and they keep saying soon... There is only 227 days til christmas starting to get tight. all of the software designers are saying the same ( Vixen 3 , LOR, ect ) not much time to sort out bugs or program.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: next new software release
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone heard of a release date for the next version. I have been watching LSP and they keep saying soon... There is only 227 days til christmas starting to get tight. all of the software designers are saying the same ( Vixen 3 , LOR, ect ) not much time to sort out bugs or program.

in this thread he said he was trying to get lsp 3 out by early summer.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, »
I have heard no sooner than this summer. I'm sure David already knows, but I asked if he could make it early summer so that we can get some testing done and work out any kinks that need to be worked out. I am hoping they do something with the Matrix Animator, I am retired and it has taken me 4 days already to program text for a 2 and a half minute song and have had a memory exception wipe out 2-3 hours of work. Don't get me , It's GREAT that we have the ability to do it, but it takes a LOT of clicking just to get the words to Frosty the Snowman sequenced and with it just being PART of the display and having the 32,000+ channel version, there's no way it should be throwing a memory exception. I wouldn't wait on the programming it is too much work to put off, I WOULD have a back up plan and since LSP can output vixen sequences and also with the possibility of the conductor coming out covering all bases would seem to be prudent. Well let's cross our fingers and hope for an early release, it get's late early in this hobby of ours. I will attempt doing the same kind of programming using Nutcracker to see if the process goes faster in the mean time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, by urthegman »

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, »
I have heard no sooner than this summer. I'm sure David already knows, but I asked if he could make it early summer so that we can get some testing done and work out any kinks that need to be worked out. I am hoping they do something with the Matrix Animator, I am retired and it has taken me 4 days already to program text for a 2 and a half minute song and have had a memory exception wipe out 2-3 hours of work. Don't get me , It's GREAT that we have the ability to do it, but it takes a LOT of clicking just to get the words to Frosty the Snowman sequenced and with it just being PART of the display and having the 32,000+ channel version, there's no way it should be throwing a memory exception. I wouldn't wait on the programming it is too much work to put off, I WOULD have a back up plan and since LSP can output vixen sequences and also with the possibility of the conductor coming out covering all bases would seem to be prudent. Well let's cross our fingers and hope for an early release, it get's late early in this hobby of ours. I will attempt doing the same kind of programming using Nutcracker to see if the process goes faster in the mean time.

There is a bug in text on the nutcracker when it exports the data. I will get it fixed in the next week.
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, »
Thanks Sean, that gives me time to get some of the other things done. 

Offline djohnson

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, »
Its getting close...
just went into beta testing last weekend...
here is a sneak peek on Macros, megatrees and playback that you can expect...

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, »
Looks interesting. But how would you create for instance a barbershop pole effect? I think it would help if you had some kind of library of effects along with the settings used to create them. Has there also been improvements in regards to importing and exporting from other software? Is it able to export to the conductor yet? I was really wanting to learn about this at the Academy. Sorry you won't be able to make it this year.

Offline animal

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, »
 This is incredible!!!!!!!

I've been use LSP since 1.7. I have taken my time and learned the ins and outs of this software, keeping sequences simple but detailed. I'm going from a 300 channel display last year to a 6000 channel pixel net display this year. Last years show is when I started using layers, simple but detailed. It takes me 10 hrs per min. of audio to sequence my display. That's including audio and video production. I was concerned how I was going to do all these channels and get some kind of results for a 27 min. show. Just the defaults with this upgrade will give me great results. Simple but detailed. I'm very excited for this up and coming update. Just my opinion. This again puts this software in a class of it's own.

Release it soon!!!!!!!  <res.

animal

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, »
Great work!  really has a lot of capabilities.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, »
Its getting close...
just went into beta testing last weekend...
here is a sneak peek on Macros, megatrees and playback that you can expect...

David, very nice!

I especially liked how good the playback window represented the different rgb elements and how smooth everything was.

i like how well you have supported the dla hardware suite.

I think you probably have more in store for the RGB megatrees? i look forward to seeing people put it into shows

again, great job!

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline djohnson

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, »
Hi sean,
thanks. the macro effect plugins are an extensibility point that can be custom developed along with the image drawing tools.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, »
It would be nice if the Academy instructor could teach from the beta. I love the slow playback choices.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, »
Speaking of the class on LSP at the Academy, are there specific topics you would like to see covered?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, »
Although it may not be appropriate for the part 1 class I would like to learn about transitions. Unfortunately I can't be in part 2 as I absolutely must attent the advanced soldering class to learn about surface mount soldering from RJ.

Offline animal

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, »
Although it may not be appropriate for the part 1 class I would like to learn about transitions. Unfortunately I can't be in part 2 as I absolutely must attent the advanced soldering class to learn about surface mount soldering from RJ.

Try this. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

animal